Thread: No bake oven

No bake oven

Model Number: KGRT607HBS4
    Brand: KitchenAid

Was taking a long time to reach baking temp, sometimes only reached partial temp (did not observe what was going on), but now does not heat at all. Ignitor fires/glows and stays on, but never gets gas. Broiler and top burners work fine. Broiler ignitor looks same as bake ignitor and they share the same gas valve. Do I need to check for voltage at valve while ignitor on or diagnose any other way to make sure ignitor is burning hot enough to trip/open gas valve or is this a no brainer ignitor problem? Does it make sense to swap broiler/bake ignitors to diagnose? (Similar problem recently encountered in clothes dryer was a set of coils on the gas valve, this system seems different/newer design)......Thanks!

From the description of your problem, it sounds like you have a bad ignitor. As they get older they don't get as hot, and they will not glow hot enough to open the gas valve. The best way to check these is by using a clamp on style amp meter, but since your oven uses the same part number for the bake and broil ignitors I would just swap them around, and that should verify your diagnosis. Let me know what you find.

This is the bake ignitor for your oven:

Igntr-Oven - 9753108
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    From the description of your problem, it sounds like you have a bad ignitor. As they get older they don't get as hot, and they will not glow hot enough to open the gas valve. The best way to check these is by using a clamp on style amp meter, but since your oven uses the same part number for the bake and broil ignitors I would just swap them around, and that should verify your diagnosis. Let me know what you find.

This is the bake ignitor for your oven:

Igntr-Oven - 9753108
    Thanks Doc......what should the amp draw (range) be for this ignitor if it were good? Also, the voltage and resistance readings if I were to check/test?

The amp draw should be 3.0 or higher for a good ignitor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter