Thread: [FIXED] Samsung Display/Control repair

[FIXED] Samsung Display/Control repair

Model Number: RF4287HARS
    Brand: Samsung

I am looking for instructions on how to replace the part DA97-08518D which is the display along with the ice/water dispenser levers.

Please see the attach picture below with instructions on how to remove part number DA97-08518D. Make sure to unplug the refrigerator before working on it.

Click to enlarge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	display cover removal.png 
Views:	359 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	259

Dispenser Cover Assembly - DA97-08518D
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for your help.

Waymon

Thank you very much. Got part in today and was installed within 10 min and working great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayburrell View Post
    Thank you very much. Got part in today and was installed within 10 min and working great!!!
    Great, I am glad you got it repaired! I updated the status of this thread to FIXED. I am curious, what kind of failure did you have on the old part?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I'm replacing part DA97-08519A on the same machine, which is just the ice/water levers. The display is fine, but when I press the ice lever it goes all the way in and water is dispensed. Upon reading elsewhere, this appears to be common. I've read that the whole display needs to be removed to replace the levers. Do you have any further advice or instructions to replace just the lever assembly?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kenanmccall View Post
    I'm replacing part DA97-08519A on the same machine, which is just the ice/water levers. The display is fine, but when I press the ice lever it goes all the way in and water is dispensed. Upon reading elsewhere, this appears to be common. I've read that the whole display needs to be removed to replace the levers. Do you have any further advice or instructions to replace just the lever assembly?
    Thank you.
    Samsung does not get into any more detail on replacing this part besides the instructions posted above for removing the display cover assembly. It looks like once you have the display removed, you should be able to see what fastens it to the display cover assembly. Let me know what you find after you complete the repair.

Dispenser Lever Assembly - DA97-08519A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

You guys are awesome and the price for this part is cheaper than competition. I've had problems with this panel (and fridge) since two days after the warranty expired. Nonetheless, I looked at the picture as to removal; I may not be forcing it enough, but I can't get it off. Anyone have ideas? I want to make sure I can remove it before I order the part and replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper20 View Post
    You guys are awesome and the price for this part is cheaper than competition. I've had problems with this panel (and fridge) since two days after the warranty expired. Nonetheless, I looked at the picture as to removal; I may not be forcing it enough, but I can't get it off. Anyone have ideas? I want to make sure I can remove it before I order the part and replace it.
    You probably just need a little bit more force. Sometimes those plastic pieces "snap" together, and can take more force you would think to separate. Maybe someone else in this thread can chime in with their experience?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

To the right and up, really? No way would that work for me - virtually zero gap to move the display, I tried and tried and even pried with a putty knife - futile.

What did work in seconds...

Remove the one screw underneath the display. Grab the display with your fingers inside the ice dispenser hole and pull straight out. It is very tight and you will hear the plastic cover snapping. It's normal. All the snap tabs were fine after this and the ice make dispenser swap and install was a piece of cake after getting the thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger View Post
    To the right and up, really? No way would that work for me - virtually zero gap to move the display, I tried and tried and even pried with a putty knife - futile.

Remove the one screw underneath the display. Grab the display with your fingers inside the ice dispenser hole and pull straight out. It is very tight and you will hear the plastic cover snapping. It's normal. All the snap tabs were fine after this and the ice make dispenser swap and install was a piece of cake after getting the thing off.
    Thanks for the advice! Maybe something got lost in translation from Korean to English when Samsung wrote those instructions?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi. I bought the lever part above and am having problems removing it even after the great tip from 'rugger' above. So, I have the fridge door closed and put my fingers in the ice whole from the front. I feel something in there but now sure what it is. It seems like I have to 'push' it out not pull, because I don't have anything to pull, since that would be pulling towards the back of the fridge. Now, when you did it, does the whole level system and the two touch buttons 'Cubed ice' and 'Crushed ice' come out too? I actually have to put my shoulder into it, or the fridge door opens when I'm pulling. Any other suggestions or pictures would be very helpful.
    Thanks for all your tips.
    - Hank2794
    Last edited by hank2794; 04-03-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by rugger View Post

great advice worked like a charm. Had someone hold the door closed and pulled it straight out, no need to go right and up - straight out - two seconds! Then for the replacement of the actual part. The clear plastic part slides out one small tab in the front just on both sides just use butter knife to get it out of the grove and slide it out. Take the old part out then run the wires of the new part before you slide the new part in very tight quarters! Slide the part into place connect all the wires up. Push the display back on just like you took it off fingers in the ice hole and push it back in applying pressure to make sure all the tabs are in place. Put the water tube in place and you get ice again!

I can't find this magical screw under the display everyone speaks of. Does anyone have a pic pointing it out?

Cool Magic Screw

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Meints View Post
    I can't find this magical screw under the display everyone speaks of. Does anyone have a pic pointing it out?
    i think this is it, underneath.
    screwdriver pointing to it.
    Im trying to get my off as well, good luck!
    I cant seem to get it yet.
    Duh...maybe that's not the screw !! ( but i think it is)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160208_132226.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	437
    Pic is upside down

Busted clear "funnel"and faceplate for water/ice lever mount !!
    Aluminum lip with 2 LEDs seem pretty rugged. try pulling on that.
    Anyway
    got board out and see no damage -any idease on testing??

Micromon

I have spots where I expect a screw, but there are no screws. I have the RF4289HARS fridge purchased end of 2014. I see two spots where I expect a screw, but there are no screws there. Maybe they stopped putting them in at some point? How tough is this thing to pull out? I think I am ready to try at this point.

Like I said, I wound up breaking the clear plastic funnel and part of the water/ice lever mount
    if you pull on the aluminum slug with the 2 leds in it, you might not break anything.
    It took allmy strength to yank it out`.... good luck