Thread: Samsung Icemaker Broke Model Number: DA97-07549B

Samsung Icemaker Broke Model Number: DA97-07549B

Model Number: DA97-07549B
    Brand: Samsung

Hello. I installed my new ice maker (DA97-07549B) 30 hours ago and still no ice. Checking the ice maker, there is frozen ice (duh) in the tray of the ice maker but it will not dump into the bucket.

I have unplugged the frig twice and hit the reset button twice.

Any help?

What kind of problem were you having with the old ice maker? Can you please measure the temperature in the ice maker compartment for me. Also, I will need the model number of your refrigerator.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Model # RSG257AAPN

[QUOTE=Doc Ryan;4431]What kind of problem were you having with the old ice maker? Can you please measure the temperature in the ice maker compartment for me. Also, I will need the model number of your refrigerator.[/QUOT

Hello, I posted my model # in the title. The frig was set to -4 on the freezer side. Prior to ice maker replacement, there was no water / ice in the tray of the ice maker. Now there is ice in the ice maker but it won't fall into the bucket. I reduced the temp to -2 (in the freezer), still no discharge. (sounds gross but wtf?) Is there a reset protocol for me to initialize?

Charlie Actual, over...

What happens when you press the test switch on the ice maker (make sure to hold it for a few seconds)?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    What happens when you press the test switch on the ice maker (make sure to hold it for a few seconds)?
    Nothing. No sound or movement.

Are you receiving any error codes on the display? The Samsung refrigerator will flash one of the led segments on the display if there is an error code.

Here is what the service information says about this ice maker for your model refrigerator:

Heat Release Ice production Explanation
    38 minutes after the water fill is complete, the control board will check the temperature of the eject Thermistor, on the Ice Maker Head, if the Thermistor reads a temperature lower than 18.5 degrees for more than 5 seconds, then the ice production process is completed. The Ice maker will harvest if the ice bucket is not sensed as full. If a Fault Mode is detected with the Ice Maker operation, the Ice Maker stops working for 3 hours. Which means, the Ice Maker checks the operation every 3 hours until it works properly.

Heat Release I/M Test Mode
    Press and hold the ICE TEST S/W for at least 1.5sec, the harvest function will start. If the ice maker Thermistor is below 0 degrees the Ice maker heater turns on for about 2 minutes. If the temperature exceeds 0 degrees, Ice maker heater turns on for 30 seconds. After the Ice maker heater turns on for 30 seconds, the heater turns off and then Ice maker harvest motor turns on. The motor will rotate in right direction for about 3 minutes, after this, water supply valve is turned on, then the valve is turned off, the test mode is completed. If the above operation is not carried out within 6 minutes, it will go into a fault mode.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

heater

seems to be the issue. no error codes are displayed. Should we try another ice maker or just replace the circuit board?

Quote Originally Posted by Greggnp View Post
    seems to be the issue. no error codes are displayed. Should we try another ice maker or just replace the circuit board?

Quote Originally Posted by Greggnp View Post
    Samsung does not give much more information for diagnosing this ice maker. If the old and new ice maker are having the exact same problem, then the problem is most likely not with the ice maker. If the new ice maker has different symptoms than your old ice maker, then you could have received a defective ice maker. The main control board is what controls the ice maker and sends power to the heater, so if the main control board is bad it could certainly cause your problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com