Thread: [FIXED] LG lds4821st --> IE error

[FIXED] LG lds4821st --> IE error

Model Number: lds4821st
    Brand: LG

Hello,

My 3yr old LG dishwasher gave an IE error about 2 months ago. My research showed this is a water inlet issue....so I changed the Inlet valve and the washer worked great for 3 weeks. It then died again with the IE error, I thought maybe the part was bad so it was replaced and worked for 2 weeks only this time....again the IE code is back

Symptoms are as follows....turn on the washer it starts with the drain cycle for almost a full minute, then it tries to add water. There is a faint humming for 30 seconds but no water comes in. The machine chimes loudly and flashes IE error on the display and all four lights flash on the front panel, then the draining sound starts again but no water goes into the washer and the IE message just keeps on flashing !

I tested the inlet valve and it has a resistance of 1150 ohms well within the specs, so I really doubt the valves have been faulty. I carefully checked all the wires for damage (problem on some LG washers) none appear to be damaged. The water flow is strong, and the valve is not plugged.

My though is maybe the main board is not sending a proper signal....but I don't know how to test that or what else it can be. Ideas?

thank you in advance!

Have you checked the water supply to the dishwasher to make sure that you have adequate water flow and pressure? When you removed the old valves did you look at the filter screen inside the valve to see if it was plugged up?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Each time I took off the water line water did come out but i neglected to open the vale to make sure there was good pressure...such a simple thing to overlook. Sure enough the water is not even a dribble....so I'm off to replace the shut off valve. My guess is it is damaged or plugged up.

learning is don't overlook the obvious..thank you !

Problem fixed....the water line was frozen. UGH.....Cold Canada weather strikes again, it was -40 last week.

Thank you Doc Ryan. Lesson is never overlook the obvious !

Thanks for the update, I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED! I have seen the cold weather freeze water lines like that before, what a pain!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter