Thread: Very noisy Maytag Bravos washer after replacing the Bearing kit

Very noisy Maytag Bravos washer after replacing the Bearing kit

Model Number: MVWB700VQ0
    Brand: Maytag

I have replaced the bearings in the washer because it was recommended. The washer was making a very loud howling sound when spinning. It is still making the same sound. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the sound?

Did the noise change at all with the new bearings, or does it sound exactly the same?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Noise is the same as before the bearing was replaced.

We just bought the bearing kit and tool from your company last week and installed it. The sound is still the same. We checked to see if anything was stuck or in the pump and it is all clear. It does leave a little water in the bottom of the outside tub, down in the sump area. The sound does seem to be coming from the bottom area of the washer. It starts howling when the machine is spinning at high speed.

Do you have any idea what the noise could be coming from?

I am not sure where your noise is coming from. Describing noises over a computer can be very difficult. If you can try to post a video of the noise it is making on youtube or another video hosting site.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I posted 2 videos on YouTube. The titles are" Maytag Bravos Washer noisy during spin cycle" and "Noisy Maytag Bravos Washer in spin cycle" I posted them today, so maybe you could watch and listen to the sound and let me know if you have any idea what it could be? Thanks

Debbi,

Thank you for posting the videos, that is very helpful. I posted links to the videos below so I don't have to search for them if I need to find them again. The noise does not sound like a bad bearing noise to me. Other than making that noise does the washer seem to function okay? Does it seem to spin all of the water out of the clothes in the spin cycle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48I1mq3Kjys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0UNK-fZ7Iw
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Ryan,
    The washer functions well, all the water is draining out and the water is spun out of the clothes. The sound has increasingly got louder over the past few months. It makes me concerned that if I just let it go it might damage something else in the washer. Is this something that you have heard before? Do you know what could be working when the washer is spinning at high speed that could possibly be making this noise? I was wondering if the stator turns and if the rotor could be scraping, or maybe the pump could be making this noise at high speed? I am not really sure how it works.

I have not heard a noise like that before. My initial thoughts are the same as yours, I would inspect the drain pump and stator and rotor. If the rotor and stator have been rubbing, you should be able to see rubbing marks on the magnets on the inside of the rotor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com