Thread: MrsB

MrsB

Model Number: MDB6100awb
    Brand: Maytag

In December 2013 I replaced the Pump Impeller and Seal Kit #6-915435; working great until this morning. The problem seems a bit different this time.

All lights are working on the control board and I tested all wash cycles and they all
    work the same; the wash light goes on and the heating cycle too, just as always.

The bottom of the tub fills and then once it stops , all I hear is a faint buzzing sound. I will hear it every so often during the 15-20 minutes short cycle and then the buzzing sound stops (the spray arms do not work and the dishwasher does not drain automatically; only after manually pressing the drain button, it will drain perfectly).

Then the clean light goes on and then it starts flashing but nothing happens... except dirty dishes.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be... is is possible that the impeller broke again?

Mrs B,

From your description of the problem it sounds like the pump motor is seized up and it is not able to start. The buzzing noise is probably the motor trying to start and then turning off after it cannot start. The pump motor on your dishwasher varies depending on the serial number of your dishwasher so I will need to get the serial number to look this part up for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Serial Number10495243WA

Quote Originally Posted by doc ryan View Post
    mrs b,

from your description of the problem it sounds like the pump motor is seized up and it is not able to start. The buzzing noise is probably the motor trying to start and then turning off after it cannot start. The pump motor on your dishwasher varies depending on the serial number of your dishwasher so i will need to get the serial number to look this part up for you.
    serial number 10495243wu

The pump motor is part number 6-915415 for your model and serial number.

Motor Pump - 6-915415
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter