Thread: whirlpool duet making loud noise while spinning

whirlpool duet making loud noise while spinning

Model Number: wfw8300sw03
    Brand: Whirlpool

my machine makes an awful racket while in the spin cycle. looking other sites it is indicating that the bearings are bad. How easy/hard are they to change? Also, is this machine a lemon? in the last month I have replaced the drain pump and front boot.

My machine is a kenmore (built by whirlpool) and i had mine apart three times in just a few hours. Its very strait forward with basic hand tools. Youtube has videos on replacing the bearings so if you have mechanical ability i bet you can tackle the job easily. They sell a tool to press the bearings in. If it came to that with my machine, i was just going to use a bolt, two washers and a nut. This method will take two people compared to the tool but i could not see paying that much for a tool that basic. Hope this helped some.

Quote Originally Posted by streuf View Post
    Model Number: wfw8300sw03
    Brand: Whirlpool

my machine makes an awful racket while in the spin cycle. looking other sites it is indicating that the bearings are bad. How easy/hard are they to change? Also, is this machine a lemon? in the last month I have replaced the drain pump and front boot.
    The manufacture does not sell the bearings separately for your model washer, they are only available as part of the outer tub assembly from Whirlpool. Before ordering and replacing these parts you should also inspect the shaft that goes through the bearings to make sure that it is not damaged.

This is the outer tub kit (includes front and rear outer tubs) for your model washer:

Outer Tub Kit - 280251
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter