Thread: [FIXED] Ice maker started making noise years ago, now quit making ice and water leak

[FIXED] Ice maker started making noise years ago, now quit making ice and water leak

Model Number: PFSS6PKWASS
    Brand: GE

Ever since I bought this refrigerator the ice maker has made occasional clicking sounds while trying to dump. Ice would get stuck often between tray and side wall which usually was the cause of the noise. The other reason would be the ice maker was full but still making ice. Now it has quit all together. I have water leaking from the water dispenser now also. I have not replaced the filter for a couple of years so i will be getting that done soon. Hopefully that fixes the leaky dispenser. Can i purchase an ice maker without replacing the control board? My model control board, version 2.02, falls within the service bulletin that other forums state to replace! Any suggestions?

It sounds like your ice maker is bad and needs to be replaced. It sounds like your main control board also falls within the criteria where it needs to be replaced.

We do not currently sell the control board, but we do sell the ice maker for your refrigerator.

Ice Maker - DA97-05422A (IMC701)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I ordered the ice maker from you today. just in case i need the control board, can you tell me the part number i need to order from GE? My serial number is MM077432

The main control board is part number WR55X10763.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your help on this Ryan. I will try the new ice maker first then if still a problem will order the control board. The water leak from above post was fixed by replaceing the filter and copper water feed line which got pinched, restricting flow. I now have a rubber line feeding fridge!

Great! That restricted water flow can also can the ice maker to fail and break, so make sure that doesn't happen again.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Got the new ice maker very fast and it is working great without changing the main control board, thanks Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by chaz View Post
    Got the new ice maker very fast and it is working great without changing the main control board, thanks Ryan!
    Thanks for the update, I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com