Thread: LG dryer will not dry completely

LG dryer will not dry completely

Model Number: DLGX7188WM
    Brand: LG

My LG dryer has been taking almost twice as long to dry a load of clothes. I have noticed that the "cooling " icon is on constantly. The timer counts down properly. I have checked for any blockages of lint throughout the entire dryer as well as exhaust system. There is good air flow coming out of the outside vent. There have not been any codes flashing on the instrument panel. Any suggestions what should be done to fix the problem?

Put a wet load of clothes in the dryer. Let the dryer run for 5-10 minutes and then pause the dryer and feel to see if the dryer is warm/hot. Then start the dryer back up and let it run for 30-60 minutes and pause it again and see if the dryer is still warm/hot at that point. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

When a larger load is run on the "normal" setting and run for 5 minutes the inside is warm but not hot. The drum seems warmer but not hot to the touch. After the load runs for at least 30 minutes the same applies. Never seems to be as hot as it should be. There are two icons illuminated. The "drying" icon is steadily flashing and the "cooling" icon is always on. I don't remember the cooling icon constantly being illuminated. Normally It would only come on at the end of the cycle.

Usually the dryer feeling warm inside is a good thing, if it feels really hot inside the dryer that usually means the dryer isn't able to vent the hot air outside correctly. How far does your dryer exhaust vent run?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

About 18 feet. There doesn't appear to be any restrictions to air flow. There are flappers on the exterior vent that fully open with good air flow while dryer is operating. There have never been any problems like this for 6 years until the last few weeks. Is it possible there is still a partial blockage not allowing things to vent enough? Recommendations?

There are alot of things that could cause this type of a problem. It could come from restricted venting, bad thermistor, bad gas valve, bad control board or possibly something else. I am sending you a PM with a link to the service manual for this dryer so you can make some more checks on it. Let me know what you find as the cause of the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com