Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Frigidaire Diswasher ER UO Error code [FIXED]

I have a uE code. Is there a reset or what part will I need to replace?
    Thanks in advance.

Just ordered the vent & fan assembly part through Part Dr and installed it. Now Fridgidaire dishwasher has run successfully 3 full cycles since fixed last night. Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't need a control board or something else anytime soon. Running out of money, HA! My model number is different from yours but I wish you the best for your model. Good luck.

Hi Dr. Parts,

I am getting the same ER UO code, model number - PLD4375RFC3, SERIAL NUMBER - TH83628917. Can you point me to the correct part to order? Thanks!

Hi Doc P
    I have been getting error code uo also. I have not been able to locate any source that recognizes my model number which is Frigidaire fghd2465nw1a serial #th22582893. Can you help me? Thank you

I have uo code as well,but a funny thing happened when I threw the breaker and left off for a few hrs washer is running fine after breaker back on. Has anybody tried this? Should I order the part or did the computer reset?
    Last edited by Bonnie; 07-20-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Doc
    Bonnie

I would not replace any parts unless it happens again in the near future.

It is not uncommon for electronic controlled appliances to reset a false error when the power is shut off/on.

New to the forum so bear with me. Have the same error code on model #FGHD2433KF1, S#TH11532720. Can you please give me the part number for the vent? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tdn View Post
    New to the forum so bear with me. Have the same error code on model #FGHD2433KF1, S#TH11532720. Can you please give me the part number for the vent? Thanks!
    Welcome! This is the vent & fan assembly for your model dishwasher:

Vent & Fan Assembly - PD00000511 (mfg# 154861101)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I would like to pile onto this thread before I order a replacement vent & fan. I'm getting the UO error after about a minute of running my Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher. The part number on the V&F unit is 154773301, so I can line up the replacement without difficulty. But what I'm trying to figure out is if it's broken or if it might be the mainboard, based on the symptoms.

I have the dishwasher out on a test rig so I can run it with my old unit still connected. I powered it up and turned it on. The fan associated with the vent & fan is spinning up, as it clicks on about 3 times and I see the fan spinning, but then the washer throws the UO error and it shuts down. I opened up the vent & fan and tinkered with it, and all of the parts seem to be moving freely. So it's receiving power, and the mechanism isn't binding. I didn't see any frayed wires up along the harness. But I'm not sure if partial power means the unit is working.

Given that the fan on the V&F unit still runs, does this mean anything about the overall status of the unit? Should I still start by replacing this unit, or is it more likely that some other part of the system is broken? Is there a more detailed test to run to see what's happening? Can I send voltage to any of the pins on that header to see if the other parts of the unit are working?

Okay, never got a response to this, but I can now provide the update that I ordered a replacement vent/fan unit, and it worked perfectly out of the box. So, problem solved. There's still an open question on how to test the V&F unit to see what is broken, but unfortunately there isn't enough information out there on how to do this, specifically what to test and what to look for. So, $75 later, we have a functioning dishwasher, which has been run without incident through at least 2 dozen cycles since installing the new part. Definitely start with this part, and review return policies to see if you can get some money back in case the part doesn't solve your problem. It's an expensive assumption to make, but seems like it is generally the right one.

2 years later and having this issue again. I recently found this response on Fixya.com and thought I would share. Google "Error code ER then OU any ideas".

Posted by Chuck Zimmerman on Apr 22, 2007

March 25, 2017
    Our Frigidaire dishwasher had the same issue. When turning it on, it would make a clunking sound 4 or 5 times and then display the UO error code. We saw advice that connecting the brown and yellow wires inside the vent would be a temporary fix and that worked as long as you don't use heat-dry but is not safe to do.

However, as it worked, we knew this meant the optical switch was not closing the circuit and had gone bad. The optical sensor is the tiny component labeled U1 on the small circuit board inside the vent under the fan.

We ignored the "no serviceable parts inside" warning and replaced it with a nearly identical part from an online electronic components store that cost just 81 cents excluding shipping. We desoldered the old sensor, threaded the leads of the new part into the board and soldered the new part in. We had to clip the wires to the PCB when we removed it and simply resoldered them back. Be sure to label them before you cut them.

The part was described as an Optical Switch, Transmissive, Phototransistor Output 2mm SLOT TYPE 30V. Specifically, it was made by Omron, model # EE-SX1105. Special tools required were a desoldering iron to remove the old component and a soldering iron and solder to install the new one. if you have soldering skills this is easy - my 15 year old had fun applying his skills. If you don't have soldering skills or equipment you won't want to attempt this unless you can find someone to help. My son only charged me $10 for his labor - it took him about 20 minutes. :-) END of REPOST ~

I can verify that the connection of the brown and yellow wires works. It allows the wash cycle to proceed thinking the vent door is closed. This MAY be all some folks want out of this repair but be forewarned that IF the vent door ever sticks OPEN, you may get some splashing out of the vent and into the fan area. From what I witnessed, the volume of water that may splash out is of VERY little concern to me but it is your call. Even though the vent is 'open' it is really only open about 3/16" around the SIDES of the vent, and then it has to get past the fan blades and is still captured within the vent/motor enclosure, on top of the dishwasher with insulation material around it. I see little to no issue about the volume of water that may escape through an open vent. and what does, should evaporate rather quickly. BUT again - this is a DIY repair so proceed at your own risk.

I did replace the optical switch rather easily but it did not completely solve my problem. I am still experimenting, I am not sure if there is a required orientation of the switch or not. More to come...

Hi Doc -

Having issues with the “uo” code for the vent. When you begin a cycle, “normal cycle” for our trials, the vent solenoid opens and closes the vent flap, repeatedly. After multiple repeated actions of opening/closing the code signals and unit goes off on the uo error code. Does this appear to be a sensor issue, or main switch board problem? All wiring appears to be okay. What other troubleshooting is recommended?

Unit is a Frigidaire - model number FGHD2433KF1

Thanks in advance!

In my LMITED experience, that is a sensor issue. My did the same thing as well. The 'clunking sound' noted in the post 2 above is the vent door opening and closing just as you describe. I originally replaced the sensor as described above but after just a few weeks the problem came back. My washer threw off the "OU" code again and would not run the cycle. I put the wire jumper back in as described above and I am back in business. Washer works fine now but the vent door does not open (to my knowledge) so the only downside is that the dishes dry in a steamy environment and are sometimes wet when I take them out. No big deal really and at this point I am willing to live with that.

help me order the right vent and fan

Hi Docs! Mine is doing the same thing, flashing uo just 15/20 seconds into the cycle. Im ready to try replacing the vent and fan: here's my model number: fghd2433kwo, could you please let me know the right model number? Thank you.
    Last edited by Nymeria; 02-25-2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: i forgot to ask for the part number

Hello,
    I have a “Er uo” code. Dishwasher starts and errors out mid way the session. Dishes appear clean but not rinsed.
    Model: FPHD2481KF0
    Sn: Th93284091

1) what is the part number I need?
    2) how do I take out the dishwasher from its location?
    3) how do you remove the upper tray?

Thanks

Hi doc Ryan. I have a Frigidaire gallery model #DGHD2433KF1, S#TH20346437. I am also getting an ER:uo code. Will this part also work for me?

Hello Ryan,

I have a model #FDB4315LFBO
    I am getting the uo er code at startup
    and a h5 (or hS?) during the diagnostic test at stage #3.
    There it has been rather load lately and now with the uo code doesn't get very far. What parts do I need?
    Thank you!

Patient
    Hi Everyone. I have the dreaded ER UO error on my Frigidaire dishwasher. It is model PLD4555RFC0 - serial TH73826249. Can someone please tell me the part number to replace? Many thanks!

Doc
    I can tell you the most likely cause is the vent assembly.

Below is info on this unit which may help you confirm that the vent is tha cause.
    http://b2b.frigidaire.com/support/Re...&Search=Search

The vent assembly is shown below
    https://partsdr.com/part/5304467317-...n-assembly-kit

Patient
    Thank you very much denman for your advice. I decided to first follow the recommendation posted by Chuck Zimmerman (April 22, 2007): I ordered the optical sensor Omron, model # EE-SX1105 from Arrow Electronics. It cost $0.86 and included free shipping by FedEx (how is that possible?). I soldered it to the board and everything worked fine!