Thread: GE dishwasher ongoing issues

GE dishwasher ongoing issues

Model Number:
    Brand: GE

GE dishwasher, model gdf650ssj4ss. A few months ago, the diverter hose went out and leaked water in the cabinet. I got and replaced the diverter assembly. A couple months ago, the dishwasher stopped working and threw a 815 error code for the control board. I replaced the control board and all was fine again. About 3 weeks ago, the washer did the "door open" beeps when I started the cycle, and then I saw it had a 817 code. I replaced the door latch, thinking I was out of the woods at last.

Last night, it did the "door open" beeps and threw the 817 code again. This is getting really old. Is there something I'm missing? Would a new latch assembly go out so quickly?

Looks like I fixed it so far. When I replaced the control board I didn't have the wire loom properly aligned in the metal box, so some of the wires were pinched. After I pulled the box and board down, I made sure the loom exited the box properly with no overlaps when I reinstalled. Now it's working fine so far. I would have thought with a pinched wire it wouldn't have worked at all, but perhaps it has to do with how the dishes are loaded and the weight on the bottom of the washer. HTH someone-

-kyle
    Last edited by kylefox; 05-05-2023 at 03:03 AM. Reason: extra info