Thread: he code

he code

Model Number: dv210aew/xaa
    Brand: Samsung

New heating element, new thermistor, and cleaned all ducts. Dryer runs long enough to dry clothes but it keeps getting the he code. Started dryer up with dry clothes on sensor dry and it started timer on 46 min. It ran a few min and then dropped time to 1 min, which is normal due to dry clothes, but after dropping to 1 min, it kept going for probably 5 min, and then the he code popped up and shut dryer down. Any ideas?

Dryer gets he code on both sensor dry and timed dry.

Here is what the manufacture says about the hE error code:

hE Error Code - Heater Error

Invalid heating Temp in running the dryer

Check for:
    Restricted vent system.
    Check Thermistor resistance.
    To test the thermistor, unplug the dryer and remove the thermistor. Test the resistance at room temperature, it should be approximately 10K ohms. This is the thermistor for your dryer:

Thermistor - DC32-00007A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for your response, but

It has a new thermistor in it. I also took venting system apart, and it was clean. From what I've been reading, the only thing left is electronic control. Is there anything else that can give me this code, because the electronic control is kind of expensive to be just taking a wild guess.

How far does the vent run? Have you tried running the dryer with the vent temporarily disconnected?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

The dryer is in a shed and the vent only runs about a foot if that. I actually took all of the venting apart inside the dryer and out, and it doesn't have any blockage at all. The air is blowing hard out of vent. This all started with a burnt out heating element. Replaced element and started getting code. Then I cleaned vent and replaced thermistor and still getting code.

If the old element shorted to ground it could have burned out the control board. It sounds like probably the next step is to replace the main control board if you have covered everything else.

This is the main control board for your model dryer:

Main Control Board - DC92-00123C
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Thanks, I will order this from your store soon and repost results.