Thread: Replacing boot gasket on lg tromm washer

Replacing boot gasket on lg tromm washer

Model Number: wm2077cw
    Brand: LG

I've been reading many posts that say this is a bad machine, but I love mine - with the exception of the mold/mildew in the gasket. I've ordered a new one, but am having trouble finding some good, detailed instructions for my hubby to follow when he replaces it. I have a page from a manual that has 2 statements to 1: disassemble the clamp assembly, 2: disassemble to gasket. I've also read posts saying that it's difficult, and nearly impossible without a special tool (or 2) to undo the clamps. Can somebody give me some abc type instructions so I can get this job done.

Master Technician
    To install boot gasket on LG Tromm:
    Remove clamp from front using small flat blade screwdriver; and put blade of screwdriver under wire clamp. (Near the top is easiest, I have found.) Then roll the clamp off. Repeat for rear clamp.
    Now, install boot gasket on rear, making sure that the gasket is centered.
    Install clamp on boot gasket, making sure the clamp spring is at the bottom. Then as you come to the last part, spread spring and roll on to gasket with fingers. Try not to use a screw driver, as it may puncture the boot.
    You may be able to accomplish this job solo, but if you are inexperienced, two people on this job would be better.
    Repeat the procedure for the front.
    The boot gasket is heavy and floppy, so take your time with this project.
    Have a great holiday weekend!