Thread: Maytag Dishwasher

Maytag Dishwasher

Model Number: mdbh979sam
    Brand: Maytag

My dishwasher is 14 months old. It recently began to operate as follows: We would start an auto clean cycle with heated dry & hi temp wash options selected. It would complete the wash cycle then stop. the start & wash lites flash. Opening the door, pressing the start/resume button or the cancel/drain button has no effect. It will not complete the wash. I disconnect power for 30 or so minutes and then the cancel/drain button causes it to drain.

On these dishwashers a flashing light(s) above the buttons often will indicate an error code. If you pull off the bottom kick panel of the dishwasher, on the back side of that panel should be a tech sheet. The tech sheet will give you some information about the different flashing lights and what they mean. Check this out and let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I performed system diagnostics as follows: I pressed start/resume key then pressed any 3 keys 1,2,3 - 3 times then closed the door. The only led that lit was the rinse only key. I also noticed that the unit began to fill. I then opened the door to stop the fill. After a short time I pressed the "cancel/drain" and it drained normally. After a minute or so I pressed the "quick wash" key then the start key. It now seems to be running normally I will get back to you when this cycle is complete and let you know how it turned out. Thanks

The quick wash cycle performed normally. Today I am going to run a full cycle to see how that goes. Could I have reset something in the programming???

After running the full cycle, "normal wash" with "hi-temp wash" & heated dry" options it would not complete the program. Stopped after the wash cycle with the start/resume & the wash led s lit along with the 2 option leds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Culpan View Post
    After running the full cycle, "normal wash" with "hi-temp wash" & heated dry" options it would not complete the program. Stopped after the wash cycle with the start/resume & the wash led s lit along with the 2 option leds.
    When going into the diagnostic mode, it will often reset any error codes. Did those blinking lights show up on the tech sheet as an error code at all?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I finally got the unit into diagnostic mode and it showed a code of 10-1. According to the diagnostic sheet that indicates "dispenser or electrical problem"

Does it gives things to test and check for that error code?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Does it gives things to test and check for that error code?
    It directed me to test the resistance on the dispenser solenoid. it read 1.596K ohms, should be 280 to 340 ohms. I assume thats the problem.
    It also directed me to test the fuse. It read closed, I assume that's good.

If you agree I would like to order that part. Dispenser soleniod.