Thread: Frigidaire Galaxy Dryer with E68 code, then progressed to flashing of minute display

Frigidaire Galaxy Dryer with E68 code, then progressed to flashing of minute display

Model Number: GLEQ2152ES0
    Brand: Frigidaire

Initially I had a problem with an E68 code and the dryer display coming on by itself and peeping while displaying the E68. The buttons (start and Pause/cancel) did not appear stuck, but not as responsive as the other buttons. I took apart the control panel. Stretched the springs back to the length of the other more responsive buttons. Now all buttons respond crisply. Once I put the control panel back together. Now all the dryer display wants to do is flash the display (time displayed is appropriate for the cycle) and the time displayed will change according to cycle selected. In addition, the "moderate hot" air temp flashes and the "finish signal" light flashes. Sorry if these are not the exact names, am not able to look at the dryer as I submit this post. The start and pause/cancel buttons seem to have no influence on what dryer does. I ordered a new control board from PartsDr, replaced the board. Same exact problem with flashing display. Prior to this issue, the dryer worked flawlessly. I regularly clean the vent hose and use the dryer 3-5 times per week.
    What is my next step?

What all did you have apart while you were working on the dryer. Usually a problem like this is caused by something simple like forgetting to reconnect something like the door switch.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    What all did you have apart while you were working on the dryer. Usually a problem like this is caused by something simple like forgetting to reconnect something like the door switch.
    I had nothing else disconnected. I have had the "high limit thermostat" and "thermal limiter" tested today and they are fine. Since the control knob turns a bezel behind a stationary indicator line at 12 o'clock, I am having trouble figuring out what to use as a pointer to use to try to get the machine into "test" mode. Any help along those lines would be greatly welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by handy lady View Post
    I had nothing else disconnected. I have had the "high limit thermostat" and "thermal limiter" tested today and they are fine. Since the control knob turns a bezel behind a stationary indicator line at 12 o'clock, I am having trouble figuring out what to use as a pointer to use to try to get the machine into "test" mode. Any help along those lines would be greatly welcomed.
    I just sent you a PM with a link to download the service manual for your dryer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I just sent you a PM with a link to download the service manual for your dryer.
    Appreciate the help. I did not get the message with the service manual URL.

I just sent you an email.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Thank you. I got the dryer all cleaned of any lint. The door switch and heater coil all checked out ok. The control thermistor on the exhaust side of the blower was a little caked with lint from when I used to use fabric softener. Cleaned it. The local appliance repair shop said that it could not be tested. I put the dryer all back together. Plugged it in and no abnormal blinking of lights. All appeared normal. Pushed it back to its usual spot closer to the wall (outlet is slightly above dryer) and tried to start dryer again. Similar problem with flashing lights. Cut off power. Pause. Power on. Same issue but did get a very brief "pw" error. Made sure the plug was absolutely straight in the outlet and moved it a tiny amount. PROBLEM SOLVED! Turns out that the flashing lights were due to a problem with the plug/outlet connection. But all is not wasted, I learned how to work on a dryer and the dryer runs like a new one now with responsive buttons (due to the spring adjustment) and the temp seems to be more where it should (not a little too warm) and I know that the lint is totally cleaned out of the dryer. Thank you PartsDr.com and Ryan. PS. So busy catching up on laundry, have not actually tried to put dryer into diagnostic mode.

Thank you for updating us on the status of your repair. Sometimes it is easy to overlook something simple like the outlet connection being bad. If the power cord or the outlet shows signs of arcing then you may want to replace both to prevent further problems.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com