Thread: Whirlpool dishwasher, no lights

Whirlpool dishwasher, no lights

Model Number: GU2800XTV
    Brand: GE

Model GU2800XTV. At first, control lights would flash. Then it won't finish a cycle. Then no lights. Unplugged and when plugged in would start to run then stop. Various lights would flash. Now no lights and no action. I have followed the testing procedure from the manual. Everything tested ok as far as I can tell. Door switches had continuity when engaged. Proper ohm, according to manual, with all leads. Bimetal had full continuity across leads. The parts manual says there is an in-line fuse which I cannot find in the control panel. The control board appeared to have been a roach nest because several control board components were covered in roach crap. Before buying another control panel I want to know if there is something else I should test? Thanks.

BTW, I know I am getting full power to the control panel because I tested it.

Your model number is missing two digits from the end of it. Can you please get me the full model number from the model and serial number tag on the dishwasher?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Gu2800xtvyo

There is a bi-metal fuse that is clipped onto the main control board (part # W10258275). The only other fuse that I see is a motor fuse, which I don't think would keep the dishwasher from turning on. If you remove the bottom kickpanel of the dishwasher, there is a tech sheet located on the back side of that panel. This has a lot of troubleshooting information that might help you out. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter