Thread: Mahendent

Smile Mahendent

Model Number: PFSS6PKWBSS
    Brand:
    GE

LESS THAN FOUR YEARS OLD GE PROFILE REF STARTED MAKING WIRED SOUNDS FOR FEW WEEKS AND NOW IT STOPPED COOLING FULLY.. I PRESSED TURBO COOLING AND TURBO FREEZING BUT NOTHING HAPPENED.. CALLED SEARS TECH WHO IS SUGGESTING TO CHANGE MOTHER BOARD PART # WR55X10763 AND MAY BE EVOPERATED ASSEMBLY FAN MOTOR PART # WR13X10573 . SHOULD I CHANGE JUST THE MOTHER BOARD AND SEE IF THAT WORKS OR CHANGE BOTHE THE PARTS AT THE SAME TIME? WHERE COULD I ORER RELIABLE PARTS WITH REASONABLE COST? AND COULD YOU EXPLAIN ME HOW TO CHANGE THESE PARTS? THANKS

You will need to narrow down what is causing the problem before replacing any parts. Do you hear the compressor behind the refrigerator running? Are both the refrigerator and freezer sections not cooling?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The copressor is working and freezing temp is -6 and refrigerator temp shows 57 on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendent View Post
    The copressor is working and freezing temp is -6 and refrigerator temp shows 57 on the panel.
    I would check to see if the evaporator fan motor is running in the refrigerator. Sometimes the fans will not run if the doors are open, so try holding down the door switch(es). If the fan motor is working/running, then you will need to check to see if the refrigerator is going through the automatic defrost cycle in the refrigerator section properly. If it isn't, then the evaporator coil could be iced up, and not allowing the air to circulate properly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

evaporator fan motor is not running in the refrigerator. after holding down the door switches.
    Last edited by Mahendent; 05-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.

The next check that you will need to make is to check to see if you have voltage coming to the evaporator fan motor. If power is coming to the fan motor and it isn't running, then the fan motor is bad and will need to be replaced.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com