Thread: Frigidaire dryer started to twist clothes after repair

Frigidaire dryer started to twist clothes after repair

Model Number: FEZ831AS1
    Brand: Frigidaire

I recently had someone come out to look at my dryer due to it not drying properly. They replaced the thermostat, thinking it may fix the issue. It didn't, however cleaning out the dryer vents did. Now, after all is said is done, I have a new issue. Bed sheets and some pants twist so much that they can't dry. I NEVER had an issue with twisted clothes before. The repair company doesn't seem to think they did anything to cause this problem. I'm looking for suggestions on what would have changed with them removing the drum and who knows what else during repair that would cause this issue. I can find suggestions all over the internet on what to do with each load to minimize this issue, however I'm not looking for that kind of answer. Something broke, and I want it repaired permanently if possible. I used this dryer for 7 years and never had to worry about twisted sheets before. Any ideas?

Can you tell if things are getting stuck and twisting on the front of the drum?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Things don't appear to be getting stuck, and I'm not seeing any brown streaking on my laundry.

If I make the loads smaller, I don't seem to have the issue. However, I was able to have bigger loads before and not have this issue so much. Maybe every once in a great while.

The only explanation the repair guy can give me is that he thinks that now that it's probably drying better/faster, it causes the laundry to twist up. Is that possible?

It is possibility. With more air flow and better drying, the clothes could do different things and act differently in the drum. The model number that you left us is for a washing machine, not a dryer?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

The model number is for a laundry center washer/dryer combo

Sorry I missed that previously. On this dryer the rear of the drum just has perforated holes, so there is not much that can get caught on there. On the front is usually where things will get caught if the front drum seal and/or glides are getting worn out.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com