Thread: [FIXED] Estate washer died

[FIXED] Estate washer died

Model Number: TAWS800J02
    Brand: Estate

Was working then stopped in the middle of a cycle. Will not start up. checked breaker panel & wall receptacle.
    Is there an inline fuse or breaker.
    Any help appreciated please,
    Thanks,
    Jack.

Jack,

There are no fuses on those washers. The first thing that I would check is the lid switch. Sometimes when the lid switch fails, it can make it look like the washer died. If you can get me the model number from the washer, I can look up more information for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Jack,

There are no fuses on those washers. The first thing that I would check is the lid switch. Sometimes when the lid switch fails, it can make it look like the washer died. If you can get me the model number from the washer, I can look up more information for you.

Model # TAWS800J02

Serial # CR0543712

Thanks...

Look for the plunger on the lid and you will see where it goes through a hole in the cabinet of the washer when you close it. This is where the lid switch is located on your model. Depending on the washer, the lid switch can cause the washer not to spin, and on some models not spin or agitate (acts dead). To test the switch, you can do a continuity test using a multimeter to see if the switch is making a good connection when the lid is closed.

To do this you will need to unplug the washer. Remove the two screws on the rear console. This will allow you to flip the rear console backwards and out of the way. Now you can disconnect the harness to the lid switch, and use a multimeter to test the part.

This is the lid switch for your model:

Lid Switch Assembly - 3949247

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Doc Ryan. It was the switch. Job well done. I would also like to say I ordered the switch from www.PartsDr.com. I ordered it on wednesday & got it Thursday. Reg. shipping.... There's no better service than that.
    Thanks again,
    Jack.

Jack,

Thanks for letting us know how the repair went for you! I am glad the lid switch took care of the problem with your washer. Thank you for your business!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com