Thread: Whirlpool WTW4800XQ Skips agitation during RINSE cycle, resulting in detergent stains

Whirlpool WTW4800XQ Skips agitation during RINSE cycle, resulting in detergent stains

Model Number: WTW4800XQ
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hi:

This washing machine has done this ever since we have it . I sat through an entire run of wash, the machine seems to function properly in WASH and SPIN cycles. but in rinse cycle, the washer fills with water, then immediately drains [the agitator doesnt move during the cycle and the drum doesnt spin at all].

The result is blotches of white detergent stains on the clothes because the detergent is not being removed.

I got the test sheet and ran the diagnostics. The error codes dont seem to be related to the problem

The codes are F8 E3 which is Overflow Condition. Then i remembered!!! about a year ago, the house sewer line backed up and sink water ended up in the washing machine and it appeared to be filled to the top.

I ran the drain cycle and cleaned the machine with Tide washing machine cleaner.

So i would like to know , how i can clear the stored codes and reset.

Then i was wondering what could be the cause of the agitation being skipped in the rinse cycle. The machine agitates during the wash and spin cycles .

Your assistance on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Page 3 of the tech sheet page instructions to clear the fault codes.

If the washer has acted this way since it was new, it could be how this washer is supposed to operate. Unless the manufacture maps out what is supposed to occur during each part of the cycle, there isn't a way to know if it is normal or not. Since they don't show this information in the tech sheet, there might not be a way to tell.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the response, i cleared the codes.

I received a response from another appliance blog help site, and the guy was familiar with these Whirlpool washers.

He said that in order to get a "traditional rinse" that fills the basket with water and agitates , is by selecting "fabric softener" for the rinse cycle. The machine performs the default spin rinse ,and then does the traditional rinse. Without selecting fabric softener, the washer only performs the spin rinse, which is not adequate for removing the detergent from the clothes.

Whirlpool neglected to make it clear in the users guide that the rinse cycle options will have this difference. Figures ugh.. I figured to inform you so if someone in the future has this question regarding these Whirlpool vertical washers.

Here's a link for the user guide. http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalasse...%20Care_EN.pdf

Thank you again for trying to assist me.