Thread: remove kenmore heating element

remove kenmore heating element

Model Number: 1106499230
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I have a Kenmore elite dryer that stopped heating..model# 1106499230 (?).
    trying to get the element out to test and change. Got the bottom panel off the front and removed 2 screws - one holds the bracket to the unit, the other holds the element assy to the bracket,,,still can't get it out...it seems loose and will turn around maybe 1/4 of the way in either direction, but it seems to be connected somehow to the back...started to take the back off but it seems I would have to disassemble the entire cabinet to do this...

any suggestions?

Removing the element on that model is pretty simple. Here is how to replace the element:

First unplug the dryer.
    Then remove the bottom panel.
    Remove the heat shield at the front of the element canister housing.
    Remove the two wires going to the heating element.
    Remove the 1/4" screw right behind where the wires attached to the heating element.
    Pull the element forward and out of the housing to remove.
    Reassemble in the reverse order and test to make sure everything is working properly.

This is the heating element for your model:

Heating Element Assembly - 3387747
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis dryer that's 9 yrs old.(Model # 110.6703)It dries somewhat; the cloths come out damp. Checked the exhaust vent and they're all clear ! Suspect the heating coil but don't know for sure. Took off the back but couldn't get into the heating coil area from there. Don't see a bottom panel in the front so don't know what to do. Should I go in from the bottom by laying the dryer on it's back? If it isn't the coil, what else could it be? Looking for some help before calling in a tech.

Doc
    The following should help.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI...1fRTM2eG8/view

Check and clean the interior including the blower wheel.
    Check the lint filter sometimes they can get coated with fabric softener residue and need to be cleaned with soap and water.
    Try running a load with the unit disconnected from the vent system in order to rule it out completely.

Smile Thank You Sir

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    The following should help.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI...1fRTM2eG8/view

Check and clean the interior including the blower wheel.
    Check the lint filter sometimes they can get coated with fabric softener residue and need to be cleaned with soap and water.
    Try running a load with the unit disconnected from the vent system in order to rule it out completely.
    The Service Manual was exactly what I needed. Unit had diagnostic codes that can be pulled up. Had restricted exhaust code. Straighten out the vent tube by moving the dryer a bit. I had already removed a small amount of lint but there was a kink in the tube that I removed. Dryers works much better now. Thank you sir. Momma is happy now too, and if momma is not happy...… you know how that works out.