Thread: Diswasher low flow/pressure and not heating water

Diswasher low flow/pressure and not heating water

Model Number: SHY56A05UC/14
    Brand: Bosch

I have a Bosch SHY56A05UC/14 dishwasher. The water flow and pressure are low. The lower spray arm rotates and sprays water up about 9 inches. The upper arm is not rotating and just drips water. At the same time, the water is not heating.

Since I am getting flow can I assume that the motor is good but needs a new impeller?

Will the low water flow cause the heater to turn off? I know the heater has a flow sensor. I just don't know if it is smart enough to measure flow or a dumb sensor which just detects any flow.

Have you checked to see if the filters are clogged? Have you inspected the impeller for any damage? The sensors on the heating element housing are for sensing the clarity of the water and the temperature of the water. On most dishwashers if the pump is not circulating the water properly, it will also not heat the water properly because of the lack of water circulation.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks.

The filter is not clogged.

I will take it apart this week and inspect the impeller.

The water is not heating at all. At first I assumed it was a heater failure. Running the machine with the door open indicated that I have a flow problem. Since I am getting some flow, I suspect the impeller failed and that the motor is good. I am hoping that the low flow is causing the heater not to turn on.

Fixed. Impeller was shot. The heater now works. Thanks.