Thread: GE Side By Side warm frig/freezer

GE Side By Side warm frig/freezer

Model Number: GSL25JFPBBS
    Brand: GE

Refrig is located in summer camp in not run in winter and there in no heat. Both side are warm the condenser fan and evap. fans are running. Did tests at "J13" on my board all I have read call it "J2". Eva.p fan test pin 3 & 8=13.5 VDC pin 3 & 4=11.99 VDC. Cond. fan test pin 3 & 8=13.5 VDC pin 3 & 5=13.49 VDC. It said it should be 12 VDC,8 VDC, or 4 VDC. Mine voltage is high by 1.49 VDC does this mean my board is bad? I don't belive the condenser is running. Don't have a net connection and it is a few hours away. I did voltage a condenser relay and had 120 VAC, I have read to take relay off and shake for rattles. I was think of buying the board and a relay. If I buy the board from your site and don't install can I return it and receive a refund if it is the relay?

Thanks
    Mike

Mike,

It doesn't sound to me like your problem is related to the fan motors. If the compressor (I think you confused the compressor with condenser) is receiving 120v at the compressor, and it is not starting, then you either have a failed start relay,overload, or a bad compressor. With the relay removed, you can do an Ohm test, and the relay should read approximately 6-8 ohms. You can also shake the part, and if it rattles, or if very small pieces start coming out of it, then it is bad. The overload (small white piece on the compressor next to the relay) can be checked by doing a continuity test between the round pin the slides onto the compressor, and the spade connector that the wire goes onto. The overload should have continuity, if it doesn't, then it is bad.

A common thing that we have seen on the GE refrigerators, is when the start relay fails, it often fails because the condenser fan motor has stopped running. Make sure the condenser fan motor is running, and keeping the back area of the refrigerator cool. The fan motor can stop running from a bad control board, or a bad fan motor.

We do not currently accept returns on electrical parts. A control board is considered an electrical part. You can read through our return policy here: http://www.partsdr.com/pages/Return-Policy.cfm

This is the start relay for your refrigerator:

WR07X10052 - Start Relay
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter