Thread: [FIXED] Kenmore Ultra Wash Won't Start Wash Cycle

Question [FIXED] Kenmore Ultra Wash Won't Start Wash Cycle

Unfortunately, I can't seem to edit the post subject, or mark this as RESOLVED, however replacing the control panel (PN: #W10243209) brought my dishwasher back to life!

---B<----cut-here----B<---

Model Number: 665.13749k603
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Hello,

First time poster! How is everyone?

I'm having an issue with my Kenmore dishwasher. It will no longer start the wash cycle when the Start button is pressed. On the main panel, only two of the buttons work: Normal Wash, and Heated Dry. A little green light illuminates above these two buttons when pressed, but no other buttons work.

I've tried a few things so far:
    1. Cut power to the dishwasher at the main electrical panel for about 15 minutes
    2. Replaced the Thermal Fuse (TCO) with part number #W10258275
    3. Tried initiating reset by pressing: Normal Wash, Heated Dry, Normal Wash, Heated Dry. Nothing happens, the two lights all stay on. I've read via google searches that all the lights should illuminate at that point, but they don't, just the two remain lit.
    4. Tested both door sensor switches with a multimeter for continuity. I get a short when I press the button on each of the two sensor switches
    5. Tested the door lock mechanism, and I do hear the switches depressing/releasing when the dishwasher is closed and opened

Nothing has worked, so far.

I've ordered a new control panel (PN: #W10243209), and will try that next, as the buttons are a bit worn. It should arrive tomorrow, and I will give it a go.

In the meantime, what else could I check on the dishwasher? I would really like to get this thing working again.

Edit: Here is a picture of what the main control panel looks like, with the two illuminated buttons:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kenmore-665.13749k603.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	309

Regards,
    Slashzero
    Last edited by Slashzero; 09-03-2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Solved! My dishwasher is working again.

If it isn't obvious in the original post, I resolved the issue with my dishwasher by replacing the control panel.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to edit the post subject, or mark it as RESOLVED, however replacing the control panel (PN: #W10243209) brought my dishwasher back to life!

Thanks for the update, I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.

Here is a link to the part in case anyone else needs it.

Touchpad Control Panel (Black) - W10243209 (PD00004822)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter