Thread: GE Profile Dishwasher

GE Profile Dishwasher

Model Number: 9980n20ss
    Brand: GE

Dishwasher continues to hum/run after cycle is finished. If I open and close door it still continues. If I open door and hit Reset and close door it works fine again till next run cycle.

Your model number is missing 3 digits at the beginning, I think it might be PDW9980N20SS. You will need to determine which part making the humming noise. If you remove the bottom panel of the dishwasher it will help you figure out which part is making the humming noise.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

OK Will check after next cycle. Thanks

Noise/hum /running sound def coming from upper left section of door.

There is a blower fan located inside the door. If the dishwasher did not make this noise previously then it could be that the fan motor is going bad and getting noisy, or it could be seized up and not turning at all.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

It only makes this noise after the cycle is finished. Stops when door is opened restarts when door is closed stops when reset button in pressed. It would continue indefinitely if door was not opened which is why I won't star DW at night or when leaving house.
    Last edited by gmc1950; 09-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.

According to GE this is how they say it should function: "During natural dry, the fan runs for approximately 4 hours after the last drain cycle is completed (clean light on). During heated dry, the fan runs for approximately 2 hours after the last drain cycle is completed. If the door is opened, the fan stops and the control stops counting down. When the door is relatched, the fan will start again and the control will continue to count down. Touching any key will turn off the fan."
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Not sure if it runs for 4 hrs. Noise is so loud that I must turn it off by opening door and resetting. Could the fan be bad?
    Last edited by gmc1950; 09-29-2014 at 02:11 AM.

If the fan is noisier than normal then the fan could be bad. I would turn off the power to the dishwasher and pull the door apart to inspect the fan motor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Unhappy Same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    If the fan is noisier than normal then the fan could be bad. I would turn off the power to the dishwasher and pull the door apart to inspect the fan motor.
    I have the same issue with the same dishwasher. The fan never stops and the motor is just fine. I pulled the door apart and inspected the fan. Is there a switch or a sensor that should signal the fan to stop?