Thread: Adagency

Adagency

Model Number: 106.57789704
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Ice maker in side by side was working but ice was sticking to tray and causing an over flow. Removed and replaced with new ice maker. New unit will not start up. Temp is good and red sensor light checks out good. How do I get it to start the cycle?

Have you given the new ice maker time to cool down and start making ice?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Have you given the new ice maker time to cool down and start making ice?
    Yes I've waited 4 days now. Temp is very cold

When the ice maker stuck and started overflowing, how long was it stuck for? I have seen where if they stick for long enough they will burn out the water valve because they aren't meant to stay on for long periods of time. Did you purchase the ice maker from our online store? We have seen some places that sell aftermarket versions of these ice makers that generally have a higher failure rate.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

When the ice maker stuck and started overflowing, how long was it stuck for? I have seen where if they stick for long enough they will burn out the water valve because they aren't meant to stay on for long periods of time. Did you purchase the ice maker from our online store? We have seen some places that sell aftermarket versions of these ice makers that generally have a higher failure rate.
    The ice maker never stopped working. Just got tired of the mess so decided to replace it. Unit came from another supplier of Whirlpool parts. I put the old one back in and that won't cycle either now. Just seems like I need to do something to trigger it. The red sensor light stays on continuously when I hold the flap in indicating both control boards are good

The only thing that has to be done for the ice maker to start working is for it to cool down to a cold enough temperature (usually 10F or colder). If the freezer is cooling properly, and the ice maker is good, then you could have bad optic control boards, or a bad water inlet valve.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The only thing that has to be done for the ice maker to start working is for it to cool down to a cold enough temperature (usually 10F or colder). If the freezer is cooling properly, and the ice maker is good, then you could have bad optic control boards, or a bad water inlet valve.
    The freeze has a shut off lever for the ice maker. I shut that off, waited 24 hours and then turned it on. About an hour later it filled the ice tray with water and is now making ice. Don't know if that did the trick but its working. Thanks for your help

Great to hear! If it acts up again, feel free to let us know.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com