Thread: Bosch SHU43c05uc/17 circulation pump repair issue. Still doesn't work with new pump.

Bosch SHU43c05uc/17 circulation pump repair issue. Still doesn't work with new pump.

Model Number: SHU43c05uc/17
    Brand: Bosch

Hello, I had an appliance repair person come over after my Bosch dishwasher would stay in drain mode only, in which he said my circulation pump was leaking and causing the float to go into constant drain mode and that I would need a new pump, so I ordered one myself to save some money because I'm pretty confident with my DIY repair skills. Well, the pump I received from PartsDr is not working either. It still only goes into drain mode and goes quiet after about 5 minutes, when the circulation pump should be going. The timer still counts down the minutes, but no wash mode. The pump I was sent is a little different than the old one, but is a direct replacement and should work. I connected the black wire to 1, white wire to 2, and the ground wire to the housing, the same hookup as the old circulation pump. I did notice that there was an extra empty spot for a connector on the capacitor, although there are already 2 wires connected to the capacitor. Please help. I've got about $230 wrapped up in this repair and I need to get it running. Thanks for anyone who can assist with any information to help! I have triple checked everything and all seems to be hooked up perfectly. Please advise. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

Here is the pump I received has a white plastic rear housing and the old one has a metal housing. Fyi.

Thanks,

Dennis

It shuts down completely after not doing anything for about 10-15 minutes.