Thread: Frigidaire Affinity - No Heat

Frigidaire Affinity - No Heat

Model Number: AGQ6700FS2
    Brand: Frigidaire

I am trying to diagnose why my Frigidaire Affinity, Model # AGQ6700FS2 does not heat. I ran diagnostic and did not reveal error. I have a service manual for Electrolux 6000 and 7000 models. It says if blower works and no heat to measure the voltage drop between the two terminals of RL2 (I believe that is the heater relay). I have not yet been able to be certain that I have located RL2. Also, what else can I check to isolate the problem and order correct replacement part(s)?

Thanks,

It is not very common for the control board relay to fail on gas dryers. The two most common things that will make these not heat is a bad ignitor or bad gas coils. Diagnosing these can be difficult because Frigidaire does not give you a way to view the burner. Try running the dryer with the top of the dryer temporarily removed and look to see if there is an orange glow coming from the bottom left of the dryer. The room will need to be pretty dark to see the glow from the ignitor. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for your response. I looked through the top of the dryer while the surrounding area was dark. I did not see a glow so I assume the problem is with the burner. I checked the resistance of the ignitor and recorded 270 at 2000 (.27 at 20k). The manual says 50 to 400 OHMS. Is there a way to check the coils?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It is not very common for the control board relay to fail on gas dryers. The two most common things that will make these not heat is a bad ignitor or bad gas coils. Diagnosing these can be difficult because Frigidaire does not give you a way to view the burner. Try running the dryer with the top of the dryer temporarily removed and look to see if there is an orange glow coming from the bottom left of the dryer. The room will need to be pretty dark to see the glow from the ignitor. Let me know what you find.

See the attached diagram below for the ohm values for the gas coils. Doing an ohm test on gas coils is not always conclusive, so we recommend to start by replacing the gas coils since they are not too expensive. Also, check the flame sensor (located on the side of the burner tube), and the high limit thermal fuse and thermostat for continuity (located on the housing behind the rear of the drum).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gascoilohm.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Regarding the coils, 1 to 3 and 4 to 5 fall in range (567 and 1277 respectively). 1 to 2 I got a 1932 reading – much higher than the 1365 on your spec sheet. I repeatedly got a 0 reading on the flame sensor. After a bit of searching I was able to identify the location of the high limit thermostat (as it is called in the manual.) There are two pieces there (top of the housing behind the drum.) On the piece I believe to be the thermostat (looking down from the top, the piece on the right) I got a 0 reading. On the other piece I got a 1 reading regardless of OHM setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    See the attached diagram below for the ohm values for the gas coils. Doing an ohm test on gas coils is not always conclusive, so we recommend to start by replacing the gas coils since they are not too expensive. Also, check the flame sensor (located on the side of the burner tube), and the high limit thermal fuse and thermostat for continuity (located on the housing behind the rear of the drum).
    Last edited by Mike B; 10-26-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Does zero on your meter mean the part has continuity? I am not sure if the gas coils are the problem, but it would be a good idea to replace them since they are not very expensive. Next, I would check the resistance of the thermistor. See the link below for how to test this part.

http://partsdr.com/blog/how-to-test-...tor-134587700/
    Ryan

PartsDr.com