Thread: f30 error messege on whirlpool duet.

f30 error messege on whirlpool duet.

Model Number: wfw8400tw02
    Brand: Whirlpool

Whirlpool Duet washer has an f30 error code. Checked harness and connectors, replaced dispenser motor and ccu. Still getting f30 code. When wash cycle was started for the first time after parts replaced the dispenser motor turned and clicked for about 3 minutes but the water finally came on and it ran for 5-6 minutes then shut off. Second try after unplugging machine the dispenser motor just turned and clicked for 3 minutes and shut off. I'm still getting an f30 error code.

What are the part numbers of the parts that you have replaced so far?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    What are the part numbers of the parts that you have replaced so far?
    w10143586 and w10163007.

Part number W10163007 is coming up as the motor control unit. The motor control unit is for the drive motor of the washer. I am showing the CCU for your model washer is part number W10525357. Which one did you replace?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Cool

Part number W10163007 is coming up as the motor control unit. The motor control unit is for the drive motor of the washer. I am showing the CCU for your model washer is part number W10525357. Which one did you replace?
    I found out that the part sent to me was the wrong one, just as you pointed out in your last reply. The website I used stated I needed a ccu, but sent an mcu. I am currently sending the mcu back but the best part about the whole scenario is that I am now on the fourth load of laundry without any glitches. The only part I replaced was the dispenser motor. If it turns out to be an intermittent problem I will look at the wiring harness. Thanx for your reply. Will leave the door open for more threads if I run into any more issues.

So did you disconnected and reconnected the wire connections to get it working again?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

So did you disconnected and reconnected the wire connections to get it working again?
    I ended up calling my appliance guy. He ran it thru a wash cycle and it coded. Unplugged machine and did a diagnostic cycle. Ran another wash cycle and it's been working since. Only new part I installed was the dispenser motor. Repair guy said if it's intermittent I should look at the harness, sometimes they'll ohm out fine but still be bad. Hopefully problem solved.

Thanks for letting us know.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com