Thread: whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 F1, replaced main board, now error LF

whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 F1, replaced main board, now error LF

Model Number: wtw6200sw0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 washer. I was getting an F1 and the diagnostic mode showed a F1 followed by 68. I replaced the main board.

The washer worked for about a week but at the beginning of every cycle I would get a LF. I would hit start once and it would complete the cycle. This lasted about a week, then it would just give repeated LF errors. I have a multimeter so I checked all the solenoids resistance and they were all within manufacturer specs. In running manual diagnostics I would get the machine to fill correctly according to every valve selection and every temp selection, but when running in normal cycle, most of the time the solenoids don't get the signal to open according to what I observed during manual diagnostics. Occasionally, the machine would fill and work and run correctly but most of the time it just hums and errors out with LF.

I think the main board that I put in is defective. It is a refurbished board but does have a warranty. Before I send it back I would like to get a 2nd opinion confirmation.

Thanks

If you were not receiving an LF error code previously, then I would guess that the new control board is most likely bad. Make sure the pressure hose that attaches to the control board is in good condition and it is attached securely on both ends.

We sell a new replacement for the control board here:

Machine & Motor Control Board - Part # PD00002560 (mfg # W10189966)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

But if the pressure hose was not hooked up, wouldn't that just make the fill valve stay open and over-fill. I'm getting about 1 second of 120v to the fresh valve and then the board opens the circuit with a definate click, so it seems that the logic on the board is intendint the relay to open.

Removing the hose would cause it not to work properly as the control board is looking for a pressure change and it wouldn't be sensing any change with the hose disconnected.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Yes, while that is true, I should think that the hose is irrelevent until the tub starts to fill. The board should send the signal to fill and then sense for a pressure difference to determine when to stop filling, if I correctly understand the operation sequence. Mine is turning on the fresh valve for 1 second and then shutting it off. To me, this means that the board is bad since the logic circuit for the pressure transducer, as well as the pressure transducer, is built into the board. It makes no difference whether I take the hose off or not, the board behaves the same.

Removing the hose would not cause it work improperly until the logic determined that the tub has been filling for too long and not sensing a pressure increase, hence the LF error. If the board cuts the voltage to the fresh valve at 1 second then it seems to me that there is a malfunction in the logic circuitry or the on-board pressure transducer is telling the board that the tub has filled, either way, a defective board.

Do you not agree?

Yes I agree. I think the board is most likely defective. We do not see very good luck with refurbished control boards.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Well, the machine is 7 or 8 years old and I got the board from PartSimple.com for $99.99. Might have just been a fluke that it was defective but I'm stuck with warranty exchange now. Got an RMA email from them this morning.

So I guess I'll continue on in the warranty exchange until, I get a good one, I spend as much in shipping them back as I could of on the difference of a new OEM board, or they run out of re-manufactured ones.

Go ahead and insert the "go cheap and that's what you get" comments here.

Thanks for your help.

reb

You're welcome. Hopefully the next board works properly for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com