Thread: [FIXED] Samsung DV431AEP/XAA No Heat

[FIXED] Samsung DV431AEP/XAA No Heat

Model Number: DV431AEP/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

2 year old Samsung dryer won’t heat – no error codes. Checked for vent blockage and there is good suction at the filter. Checked the heating element; it shows 9 Ohms and I don’t see any breaks. Also checked the high-limit thermostat and thermal cut-off and both show continuity. What else can I check?

The first thing to check is that you have proper power being supplied to the dryer. There is another thermal fuse on the blower housing that you should check for continuity and near that is a thermistor that you can do an ohm test. If all of that checks out, then you could have a bad main control board. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

It appears my post was never really read. "If all that checks out" was the subject of my post. This reply is about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine.

Yes I did read your post. Maybe you didn't read mine?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I sincerely apologize for my snippy comment. I did overlook one word – blower. This really was the help I was looking for. However, after testing the thermal fuse and thermistor located on the blower housing they both seem to check out good (continuity for the thermal fuse and 8.83 ohms for the thermistor – not quite the 10 ohms as stated in the service manual). With reference to the main control board, what test would be appropriate for the heater relay switch and anything else that might be responsible for not heating?

Even though the thermistor tests pretty close to the 10k ohm range, I would replace it anyways because it is an inexpensive part and sometimes we see intermittent problems with them. Click here to download the service sheet for your model dryer. See the directions on page 6 of the PDF for how to test the heater circuit. Let me know what you find. If you find that the control board is bad, you should get the part number off of the tag on the control board because there were different control boards used on different versions of your dryer. The number should start with DC92-00322X where X is the missing digit you will need to get from your old control board.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Because every electronic part that relates to heat (other than the control board) tested good, I decided to replace them all. After receiving all five parts I tested them and each one tested exactly like the part they would replace. I went ahead and replaced them all and now have heat. There is no way I was going to replace the 5 parts one at a time to see which one was bad. I am glad the problem is resolved, I just wish I could have relied on testing to determine which part was bad.

I am glad the problem is fixed now. Which five parts did you end up replacing?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The Samson Dryer Service Manual identifies them as thermostat 1 (85° C thermal cut off) and thermistor on the blower housing, thermostat 2 (127/99° C high limit) and thermostat 3 (160° C thermal cut off) on the heater housing, and the heating element itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    The Samson Dryer Service Manual identifies them as thermostat 1 (85° C thermal cut off) and thermistor on the blower housing, thermostat 2 (127/99° C high limit) and thermostat 3 (160° C thermal cut off) on the heater housing, and the heating element itself.
    Thank you! I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com