Thread: [FIXED] Samsung gas dryer problem

[FIXED] Samsung gas dryer problem

Model Number: dv361
    Brand: Samsung

I have a Samsung gas dryer model dv361gwbewr. In the middle of drying it stopped tumbling. The panel still lights up and I can select cycles, minutes etc. When I push the start button though, nothing happens, no humming sounds from motor either. It is just over a year old
    Last edited by Allboyz; 12-01-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Are you receiving any error codes? There is a thermal fuse on the blower housing of the dryer that can cause the dryer not to run. Let me know what you find.

This video shows how to test the thermal fuse:

This is the thermal fuse for your model dryer:

Thermal Fuse - Part # PD00005341 (mfg # DC47-00016A)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

My husband took off the vent on the back and saw the white plastic idler pulley melted off the arm. When he pushed the arm up the motor runs. So it looks like we need to replace the idler pulley and arm its attached too, since we are assuming it is one part to replace. I will be back on this site tonight or lunchtime today to order part

Quote Originally Posted by Allboyz View Post
    My husband took off the vent on the back and saw the white plastic idler pulley melted off the arm. When he pushed the arm up the motor runs. So it looks like we need to replace the idler pulley and arm its attached too, since we are assuming it is one part to replace. I will be back on this site tonight or lunchtime today to order part
    That was very good to nice that was causing the problem. This model dryer has a belt break switch that stops the dryer from running if the belt breaks, but when your idler pulley melted it must have lost enough tension to not engage that switch.

This is the idler pulley assembly for your model dryer:

Idler Pulley Assembly - Part # PD00002061 (mfg# DC96-00882C)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thank you, I just ordered it. Do you think we will be able to install it thru the vent hole and not have to take the whole top and front off?

You might be able to get it installed through the vent hole. On most Samsung dryers you will need to remove the top, front, and drum to gain access to this part.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

All fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    You might be able to get it installed through the vent hole. On most Samsung dryers you will need to remove the top, front, and drum to gain access to this part.
    We got it fixed thru the vent hole. Thanks for your help and the part. I now have your site saved in my bookmarks. I now can finally wash and dry at home again.

Awesome! Thank you for the update! I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com