Thread: samsung dryer error code HE in air fluff mode only

samsung dryer error code HE in air fluff mode only

Model Number: DV395ETPARA/A1
    Brand: Samsung

I have a Samsung dryer model DV395ETPARA/A1. In "Air Fluff" mode the dryer heats up, gets extremely hot, and within about 4 minutes turns off with an error code of "HE". This does not occur in any other dryer mode - low/medium/high heat timed dry all work perfectly. It only occurs in air fluff mode. My manual indicates this error code refers to a venting issue or a bad thermistor. Took the machine apart and it is very clean on the inside, there are no venting issues, and I checked the ohms across the thermistor and they mesured well within range (11000 ohms at about 68-70 degrees). I didn't take the heating element out, but looked at it with a flashlight and it appears intact and not sagging. I checked the ohms for thermostat one and it was fine, but forgot to check the other two. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be the control panel?

Thanks,
    Barry

Update - I put the dryer back together, no part changes, in order to verify the exact conditions causing it to overheat and shutdown (I wanted to check as many different timer/setting combinations as possible), and now it's working fine. Great, I guess I'll have to watch it like a hawk now.

Well that is going to make it difficult to diagnose! If the dryer is heating on the air dry cycle it is usually caused by one of two things. Either a shorted heating element or a bad control board that has a sticking relay. See the video below for how to test the heating element for a short. When you find what is causing the problem, please update us and let us know.

Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks!

Registered just to thank you for your reply, saved me so much trouble. This was the only place on the internet I could find any information about overheating on fluff mode. Took the dryer apart and turned out it was just a sagging coil making contact with the casing. Didn't cost me a penny. Glad it wasn't the control board, got lucky. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Well that is going to make it difficult to diagnose! If the dryer is heating on the air dry cycle it is usually caused by one of two things. Either a shorted heating element or a bad control board that has a sticking relay. See the video below for how to test the heating element for a short. When you find what is causing the problem, please update us and let us know.