Thread: Replaced Ice Maker - still no ice

Replaced Ice Maker - still no ice

Model Number: RF267AA
    Brand: Samsung

Hi All,
    I replaced my Samsung RF267 ice maker yesterday, still no luck. I am getting water to the ice maker, but no ice. It seems the compartment is not nearly cold enough. What would be a good next step? Also, on these french door types, how is the cold air sent to the ice maker? FYI, my freezer temp is currently -14F. Thanks! Mike

Your model number is missing a few digits, can you get me the full model number from the tag on the inside of the refrigerator? The cold air comes from the freezer. It needs to be 10F or colder for the ice maker to work and produce ice.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Your model number is missing a few digits, can you get me the full model number from the tag on the inside of the refrigerator? The cold air comes from the freezer. It needs to be 10F or colder for the ice maker to work and produce ice.
    Hello Doc Ryan - thanks for your response. The complete model # is : RF267AARS. Like I said, ice maker is now getting water, but not nearly cool enough (36+ hr since new ice maker install).

You will probably want to get a small thermometer to stick the ice maker compartment to monitor the temperature. There are two fans in the freezer section, the one on the left should be the one that sends the cold air up to the ice maker. In some cases the passage that the air travels in to the ice maker gets blocked by frost and ice. To fix this you have to unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open for 24-48 hours to let the frost melt. If the fan motor is good, and the air passage is not blocked, then you could have a bad temperature sensor or bad main control board, but those are not very common to fail.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Doc Ryan, my freezer temp is very cold (generally - 14 or lower), but this being a french door type Samsung (obviously some distance for the cold air to travel) - it's apparently not making it's way to the ice maker section. Is there a motor that supplies this? I can see a vent which seems to be the duct to the section. Many thanks! Iceless Mike.

Sorry Doc - didn't see your last post. Disregard previous message.

The freezer should average around zero degrees if you have the refrigerator set to the default temperature settings. If it is warmer than that, then you could have another problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The freezer should average around zero degrees if you have the refrigerator set to the default temperature settings. If it is warmer than that, then you could have another problem.
    Thanks! No, it appears my only problem is getting the cold air to the ice maker compartment. My refrigerator section is averaging 34 and the freezer (-12). If I can locate the section for the fan motor (distributing the air to the area) I will inspect for ice or malfunction. Otherwise, I will attempt to defrost, as you have mentioned, when I have a somewhat emptier fridge. I will keep you posted as I progress. Thanks again for all your help thus far. -- Mike

Do you have the freezer set to operate at -12F? That seems colder than normal.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Do you have the freezer set to operate at -12F? That seems colder than normal.
    Yes, I do have have it set rather low (-10/-12) - I believe (-2F) is recommended. Could that potentially be causing an issue?

Yes, that could be possibly causing that air passage to freeze up. I would try thawing it out completely and then set the temperatures to the factory recommended settings.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com