Thread: Maytag Dishwasher: No Water

Maytag Dishwasher: No Water

Model Number: MDB6650AWS
    Brand: Maytag

I'm starting to get VERY frustrated trying to repair our Maytag dishwasher. Here's the rundown....

Model: Maytag Dishwasher MDB-6650AWS

Condition: No water coming into unit at beginning of cycle

Actions so far: Replaced the water inlet valve with a brand-new unit

Someone suggested I run a hose off the old water inlet valve and run it into a bucket as the machine is cycling to see if the valve was drawing water. No water.

I replaced the valve with a brand-new one and again ran it into a bucket. Same result: No water.

At the beginning of the cycle, the machine makes the same sounds as it always does, except that no water goes into the unit. I let it run for quite a long time into its cycle this time (about 20 minutes), till the soap tray opened. When I opened the unit, it was dry.

A Clue (?): As the machine was cycling in the beginning, I toggled the overflow float valve (or whatever it's called) up and down, on and off, and this seemed to have no effect on the water inlet cycle; it just kept on buzzing along as though water was coming into the machine at the beginning of the cycle.

This cannot be that difficult. I have worked on cars for forty years, very successfully.

Would somebody be so kind as to tell me what to check, or send me a link on how to correctly diagnose this problem and get it fixed once and for all. I feel my lifeline shortening by the second. Thank you.

Have you checked the basics and shut off the water to the dishwasher, removed the water line from the valve, and sprayed the water into a bucket to make sure the supply line from the house is supplying water properly?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter