Thread: ice quit yesterday, freezer warming today

ice quit yesterday, freezer warming today

Model Number: RF267AARS
    Brand: Samsung

Ice maker stopped making ice yesterday, today noticed freezer was warming but the display shows -4F. Can't hear compressor.

Look in the back of the freezer. Do you see any frost built up on the back panel in the freezer section?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

No ice. The panel display is showing -4F and the freezer has thawed. The compressor isn't running at all. The refer is OK.
    Is there a circut board that controls the panel display and compressor control?
    Last edited by sandsnipe; 07-17-2012 at 04:43 AM.

If the freezer is showing a -4F temperature, but the temperature is much warmer than that, then you could have a bad temperature sensor or control board, or automatic defrost problem. The temperature sensor is RI021 in the diagram below. I can't tell where it is located from their diagram. I do not have any specifications yet on what this sensor is supposed to ohm out at.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Well I installed the main PCB, I installed the new ice maker, and waited for the results.
    The results were not as desired, all of the readings on the panel were now correct. The
    freezer started to get cool, then stopped. Later that day I called for a service man to come out.
    Turns out the only service for Samsung is a Samsung authorized dealer. Also turns out that
    Samsung warrents their refers for five years for compressor and coils. My service was free
    because it was low on refrigerant. Bad part is I don't know why. Can't find the leak!
    So now I have a main PCB and ice maker I didn't need. If anyone needs one contact me.
    sandsnipe@charter.net

Thanks for the feedback. Make sure they get the leak taken care of while it is under warranty. Sealed system repairs are not cheap.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com