Thread: Changed Dryer Fuse and All Was Fine; Changed Thermostat & Now it Won't Start

Patient

Question Changed Dryer Fuse and All Was Fine; Changed Thermostat & Now it Won't Start

Model Number: AED4675YQ
    Brand: Admiral

In May 2013, I purchased an Admiral AED4675YQ 6.5 cubic foot electric clothes dryer. All went well enough until a couple of weeks ago when the dryer overheated and then would not start after the cycle had finished. I came home and checked it out (this happened while I was at work) and it wouldn't power on in any way. I figured it was the fuse and ordered a replacement (3392519). For good measure I also ordered a replacement thermostat (3387134). The vent had been filled with lint, so I cleaned that out as best I could, going so far as to use a blower and vacuum to help things along. I also replaced the vent duct itself. Then I replaced the fuse. Once the fuse was replaced, the dryer started right back up, just as it had. I put a load of newly-washed clothes in, and it dried them quickly. The only remaining issue was that it still seemed to be running a bit hot (the sides of the dryer were noticeably hotter to the touch). I went ahead and opened the dryer back up and changed out the cycling thermostat. After doing that, my dryer wouldn't start at all. I checked the breaker, and it was fine, so I just figured if was a faulty part and put the old one back on. After putting the old one back on, it still won't start. I'm quite sure that I put the wires on properly, and I don't see anything else that could be causing it not to start (considering the fact that it was working just before I changed the thermostat).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
    Last edited by Karyyk; 02-21-2015 at 04:55 PM.

If the dryer worked before you took it apart then I would double check everything that you touched while taking the dryer apart. If you have a multi-meter it would be a good idea to check the thermal fuses for continuity, there is a second fuse about the heating element. Also, if you can test the power at the outlet to make sure you have 220-240v.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter