Thread: New IMC701 Stopped working

New IMC701 Stopped working

Model Number: PFSS6PKWBSS
    Brand: GE

I had the problem where the ice maker slowly dies (knocking, reduced ice making) on this fridge and found this website which basically said this icemaker has lots of problems for this refrigerator. Mine was earlier than March '08 and so I replaced it with the upgraded version. I also checked the main control board but the sticker showing software version was 4.02 so it seemed I didn't need to change that. I put the new icemaker in and it seemed to be working great for a few days. Now a week later, I haven't gotten any ice for a day. Pushing the test button doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't tried changing the water filter but the pressure from the water dispenser seems reasonable (I don't know how much is needed for the icemaker). Any thoughts from anyone? I'd hate to just start throwing parts at it. The bar that the icemaker uses to detect ice in the tray is fully up. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be down when it's got cubes in the maker or only up when the tray is full.

Thanks for the help.

Besides the new ice maker being bad, the water inlet valve, or the main control board can cause the ice maker not to work. If the new ice maker isn't doing anything when the reset button is pushed, then it sounds like the ice maker might be bad. Did you purchase the ice maker from our store?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter