Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: samsung dryer dv361ewbewr help

  1. #1

    samsung dryer dv361ewbewr help

    Model Number: dv361ewbewr
    Brand: Samsung
    Age: 1-5 years

    Ok...so I had a no heat issue with my dryer...watched a couple repair videos and figured I could attack this on my own...so first, cleaned and cleared all venting areas and hoses...turned it on no heat...next I opened it up, took out the thermal fuse and tested continuity...it was good...checked thermostat which was good as well...then inspected the heating element and there was a break there...so I replaced the heating element, checked with multimeter and had 10 ohms at the element and 0 ohms to the base...which I believe is correct...put the thermostat back in and the thermal fuse...reconnected everything...turn on dryer...feel the heat coming in....then pop....circuit breaker keeps tripping....can somebody direct me to what to do next...I checked the breaker and it is good...I feel it has do with the wiring around the heating element, themostat and thermal fuse...not sure if I install items upside down or not...please help...thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Admin/Technician Doc Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,561
    When does the breaker trip? When you power on the dryer, once you start the dryer, or after it has been running?
    Ryan

    PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories


    Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

    Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

    "Like" Parts Dr on Facebook


    Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    When does the breaker trip? When you power on the dryer, once you start the dryer, or after it has been running?
    It will power on...i can select the cycle...it will run for almost a minute...then the breaker will trip

  4. #4
    Admin/Technician Doc Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,561
    Can you feel heat in the drum before the breaker trips? How did you test the breaker?
    Ryan

    PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories


    Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

    Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

    "Like" Parts Dr on Facebook


    Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Can you feel heat in the drum before the breaker trips? How did you test the breaker?
    Yes i do feel heat before it trips...really havent tested the breaker...how would you suggest i test it...only tested voltage at wall socket and breaker box

  6. #6
    Admin/Technician Doc Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,561
    It sounds to me like the breaker could possibly be bad. If you have another one of the same breaker try swapping it with another one. If not, you can usually get one for around $10 at a local hardware store. Usually if the dryer has something shorted it will trip the breaker immediately. Since the dryer is running for a minute first before tripping the breaker that leads me to think that the breaker might be bad. Let us know what you find.
    Ryan

    PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories


    Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

    Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

    "Like" Parts Dr on Facebook


    Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It sounds to me like the breaker could possibly be bad. If you have another one of the same breaker try swapping it with another one. If not, you can usually get one for around $10 at a local hardware store. Usually if the dryer has something shorted it will trip the breaker immediately. Since the dryer is running for a minute first before tripping the breaker that leads me to think that the breaker might be bad. Let us know what you find.
    So i changed out the breaker...same problem...tripped about a minute into the dry cycle...what should i look at next

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrollinger View Post
    So i changed out the breaker...same problem...tripped about a minute into the dry cycle...what should i look at next
    Went back in to look at the heating element...and one of the coils was touching the element plate creating a short...when i tested it on original replacement it was good...but i guess the coil some how touched the plate and created the short...now it seems to be running fine...thanks for the help

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrollinger View Post
    Went back in to look at the heating element...and one of the coils was touching the element plate creating a short...when i tested it on original replacement it was good...but i guess the coil some how touched the plate and created the short...now it seems to be running fine...thanks for the help
    So i ran a full cycle on sensor dry and with medium heat
    heat...everything seemed fine but towards the end of the cylce i got an HE error...clothes were dry but seemed really hot...should i check out my thermistor now

  10. #10
    Admin/Technician Doc Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,561
    HE is a heater error. It means there is an invalid heating temp in the dryer. The first things to check are to make sure the exhaust vent is not restricted and check the resistance of the thermistor. See the video below for instructions on testing the thermistor. Also, try running the dryer on an air dry (no heat) cycle and check to see if the dryer still produces heat on this cycle. Let me know what you find.

    Ryan

    PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories


    Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

    Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

    "Like" Parts Dr on Facebook


    Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Similar Threads

  1. samsung dryer
    By 1wdh&1mch in forum Dryer Repair
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 11:05 AM
  2. Samsung Dryer Help
    By JohnBR116 in forum Dryer Repair
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 03:02 PM
  3. Need help with samsung dryer
    By Stevegauth in forum Dryer Repair
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
  4. Samsung dryer will not heat
    By KR1 in forum Dryer Repair
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 08:33 PM
  5. Samsung Dryer not heating
    By djbilo in forum Dryer Repair
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •