Thread: [FIXED] Maytag dishwasher-No start w/ blinking lights

[FIXED] Maytag dishwasher-No start w/ blinking lights

Model Number: MDB7749AWB2
    Brand: Maytag

To the Doc, dishwasher will not start. "Normal" LED-light blinking 2x a second. Unplugged and replugged AC power cord ,no change. Pushed "cancel" button ,motor operates for 20 seconds to drain out fluid. Pressed heated dry- normal- heated dry -normal several times ,No diagnostic mode,and"normal"LED light continues to blink-rapidly. Found service technician worksheet and read through several times. Started having weird{cascading} light blinking problems a few days ago.Can not achieve diagnostic mode. My troubleshooting should be to ck the keypad for "short" and for key switch resistance. My hunch is that the Keyboard LED in the "normal" position is either open/close or shorted,and this is why i can not achieve "diagnostic mode"....so am I on a good pathway to figuring this malfunction?, or is back to using a garden hose? Thanks,: Mike

I am thinking that the "Normal" key on the touchpad might have a short or is stuck which would also be why the dishwasher won't go into the diagnostic cycle if this key is not working. On the 2nd page of the tech sheet there is a section that says "CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION". If you follow these directions it will tell you if it senses a short in the keypad or not. Let us know what you find.

This is the touchpad for your model dishwasher:

Touchpad Control Panel (Black) - Part # PD00006627 (mfg # W10356466)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Doc Ryan, using the service sheet{410142800C} here is the test and results:Ck keypad operation, unplugged A.C., disconnected keypad- ribbon from control at P1,reassembled,replugged AC,wait 5 seconds,close washer door, observed drain motor operates for 2 minutes.The instructions indicate that the Control no longer see's shorts and responds by operating the drain motor and to replace the Keypad. Performed keypad resistances ck using Diode method.The Turbo proScrub (P1-12>P1-5) and Glass express(P1-13>P1-6) Would NOT test, as I could not press a key that would get a voltage response. However there is NO such Key on this display for these functions. "All" the other key board key test function properly@.7 volts..Reassembled and replugged. I continue to only get a flashing lights on the Normal and Cancel Keys after I engage the Cancel button. I cannot get into diagnostic mode. So which test is more conclusive? The ribbon disconnected/motor drain test/ -OR the Keypad diode test? This is where your expertise comes into the picture.

For the keyswitch contact test, if your dishwasher does not have the proScrub or Glass Express buttons then you can ignore those two. From our experience we have not had very good luck with test the keyswitch using a multimeter as it is not always a conclusive test. We have had the keypad is good, when it is actually bad. If you go by the dishwashers service information, they are telling you to replace the main control board according to your test results. I still have a feeling that the problem is being caused by the touchpad being bad. If I were fixing this dishwasher I would start by replacing the touchpad, but you will have to make that decision. Let me know what the outcome is.

This is the main control board for your model dishwasher:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00003607 (mfg # W10298356)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Doc Ryan, I rechecked the guidance given by the Service instructions at it recommends to replace the touchpad.I value your advice on this problem and agree with the replacement of the keypad.i'm going to order up this touchpad from your business and i'll keep you info'd as to the results. Thank You very much!

Sounds good!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc Ryan, I replaced the Touch-pad with the new issue that I ordered from the Parts Dr. and it was the perfect solution! The dishwasher works Great(normally). Yea!, thanks for your advise with great service at an excellent price. I can roll up the garden hose now.

Great to hear! I am glad it fixed your problem. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com