Thread: Frigidaire Broiling element, no heat just buzzing noise

Frigidaire Broiling element, no heat just buzzing noise

Model Number: PLCS389ECF
    Brand: Frigidaire

My Frigidaire Dual Fuel Slide In Range has an issue with the upper heating element in the electric oven. When the control panel indicates the upper heating element should be on, there is only a buzzing sound and no heat emitted from the heating element. Because the upper element does not heat up, the temperature is consistently 25 degrees below what the oven is set to. The lower heating element works fine. Obviously, broiling is not possible.

What is the likely cause? Some sort of control module that can be replaced? Thanks.

First, you will need to unplug the stove and do a continuity test on the broil element. If the element is good, then next look over the wiring going to the element to make sure there are not any burned or broken wires. If those things check out okay then oven control board is bad. Let us know what you find.

These are the parts for your model stove:

Clock Timer Control Board - Part # PD00008473 (mfg # 316418731)

Broil Element - Part # PD00008471 (mfg # 318255605)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you Doc Ryan. OK, so I need to do a continuity test with a multimeter on the broiling element after removing it? If that checks out, inspect the wiring leading to it. If that checks out, then it's the control board. Is it likely the control board since I get the buzzing sound would you suspect? Just curious.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by FrigidaireFan View Post
    Thank you Doc Ryan. OK, so I need to do a continuity test with a multimeter on the broiling element after removing it? If that checks out, inspect the wiring leading to it. If that checks out, then it's the control board. Is it likely the control board since I get the buzzing sound would you suspect? Just curious.

Thanks for your help.
    When testing the broil element for continuity, you can leave the element in place an just unplug the wires from the rear of the stove. Make sure the stove is unplugged before working on it. Everything else that you said is correct. I also have a feeling that it is the control board that is bad since you are getting a buzzing sound, but it is always a good idea to check things out first.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter