Thread: Kenmore washer won't fill with water

Kenmore washer won't fill with water

Model Number:
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I recently replaced the water in let valve on my washer hoping this would fix the problem of it nor filling with water.. But that is not working.. It will spin.. and agitate only briefly before the cycle ends and it drains the water.. It was giving me some difficulty filling before.. But I was able to get it to fill by just slightly rocking the machine.. Now it's not filling at all and the hoses are fine and not blocked.. What other part could be responsible for the problem and how do I diagnose it to determine what needs replacing.?

We will need to get the model number from the tag on your washer to help you out with this.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The washer says it's a series 80 and under the lid it says it is stylemaster no. 4217017 that's all the numbers I can find.. Hope this helps

That is not the model number. Click the link below for common locations to find your washers model number tag.

Washer Model Number Locator
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

It's is 3356472 it will not agitate of the regular wash cycles because it won't fill with water.. I can only get it to agitate at the very end of the wash cycle it will still spin the clothes at the end of both the wash and rinse cycles..

The number you are getting looks like a part number for the rear panel. The model number should start with 110.XXXXXXXX or something in a similar format to that. Most top loading Kenmore washers have the model and serial number tag located at the rear of the opening of the washer. You will need to have the lid of the washer open to view the tag.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The model number for the washer under the lid has fallen off.. I'm not sure where else there is one..

I looked at the back near the top of washer and that was the only number I can see...

I cannot offer very specific help for your problem without the model number of your washer. The water level of the washer is usually controlled by a pressure switch or sensor switch. It sounds like this part may be bad since it agitates during part of the cycle. This leads me to believe that the washer is sensing that the tub is full of water since the washer should not agitate until the tub water level has reached the proper level.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com