Thread: [FIXED] Dryer not turning on

Question [FIXED] Dryer not turning on

Model Number: GEW93200LW0
    Brand: Whirlpool

When we tried setting our dryer up for the first time, we believe it was wired wrong. When we hooked it up, I had my hand on the back and I got a shock from it. We unplugged it and figured out the wiring was wrong, so we re-wired it and plugged it back in. After that the light would turn on but it wouldn't start. We have checked the fuse, and the outlet, they both have conductivity. Would it be the power control panel got fried because it was hooked up wrong the first time

The closest model number I am finding to yours is GEW9200LW0, can you double check to see if that is correct for me. If the wiring was hooked up incorrectly it very likely fried the main control board, and possibly more.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Yes that is correct, sorry I didn't catch the extra number in there. We did order the new control board, but incase that doesn't work what else should we look at?

In most cases it will usually take out the main control board since it is the first thing to receive power, but it could also take out the user interface control board on the front of the dryer. The main control board is located inside the cabinet of the dryer on the left side. You won't know if the user interface board is good until you replace the main control board. Let us know what you find.

This is the main control board for your dryer:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00003126 (mfg # 8546219)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

We finally got the dryer part replaced today, and luckily we didn't fry anything else. All is working well! Thank you for your help!

Great, I am glad that was the only problem! I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com