Thread: Error codes F1, F3 on Jenn Air

Error codes F1, F3 on Jenn Air

Model Number: JDS9860ACP
    Brand: Jenn-Air

Hello, I was wondering if someone may be able to help. I have a 10 year old Jenn Air Gas Range/Electric stove model JDS9860ACP.

We started getting an F1 error code after oven was heated. After searching I decided to replace the Oven sensor.

After I reset the power, I tried heating the oven to 400 and then got error code F3 again. This happened a few minutes after oven heated to 400.

I checked the ribbon connector and it is seated fine and looks OK. After pressing stop on the control panel, I get the F1 error code again.

Seem to be intemittent problem between F3 and F1 error codes. F3 means the oven sensor but having replaced it, that cannot be the problem.

Do you think this is the control board behind the clock that I need to replace? On this unit, is the touch pad and control board all one piece? I am not sure what part to order...

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated...
    Last edited by rstone0544; 04-24-2014 at 11:26 AM.

It looks like the control board and touchpad are all one piece on this range. On your model range, the error codes should have one more digit like this F1-3. Can you double check the error codes that you are getting?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the quick reply Doc Ryan. I double checked and I only see the F1 or F3, no dash after that the number. I've been seeing a lot of posts with the dash in the error code so assumed a different unit/control board. It could be that this is a Canadian unit? I want to order the control board but all places I've seen online have a no return policy if the unit has been "installed". I would hate to end up with a new part that still does not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

In the service manual for your range it lists all of the error codes with dashes. It could be that the service manual was for and earlier or later version of your range, I am not sure.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Did you ever figure out the problem with your range?

Quote Originally Posted by rstone0544 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Doc Ryan. I double checked and I only see the F1 or F3, no dash after that the number. I've been seeing a lot of posts with the dash in the error code so assumed a different unit/control board. It could be that this is a Canadian unit? I want to order the control board but all places I've seen online have a no return policy if the unit has been "installed". I would hate to end up with a new part that still does not fix the problem. Any suggestions?