Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

Model Number:
    Brand: Whirlpool

My Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. It drains completely after a wash cycle. It looks like it could be a Water Valve issue? What are your thoughts?

Yes, if the washer is slowly filling up with water when the washer is not running, then the water inlet valve has a slow leak and it will need to be replaced. If you can get the model number from the tag on the door frame of the washer, I can look up the part number for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, if the washer is slowly filling up with water when the washer is not running, then the water inlet valve has a slow leak and it will need to be replaced. If you can get the model number from the tag on the door frame of the washer, I can look up the part number for you.
    Doc, thanks for your response. My model is GHW9400PL4.

This is the water valve for your washer. To replace it, shut off the water and remove the hot & cold hoses, unplug the washer, remove the top panel, unplug the wire connectors, remove the clamp & outlet hose, and remove the mounting screws. Swap in the new valve, and reinstall in the reverse order. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Water Inlet Valve - PD00003431 (mfg# 8182862)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

My whirlpool front loader washing machine is doing the same thing. Can you tell me the part number of the inlet valve that I need? My model number is ghw9300pw4. Serial number is cst2819185. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Duwayne View Post
    My whirlpool front loader washing machine is doing the same thing. Can you tell me the part number of the inlet valve that I need? My model number is ghw9300pw4. Serial number is cst2819185. Thank you for your help.
    Your model uses part number 8182862 for the water valve. You can click the link below.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

This is the water valve for your washer. To replace it, shut off the water and remove the hot & cold hoses, unplug the washer, remove the top panel, unplug the wire connectors, remove the clamp & outlet hose, and remove the mounting screws. Swap in the new valve, and reinstall in the reverse order. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for this post, Doc!! We're having the same problem on a 6 year old Whirlpool Duet. Just ordered the part from your web site. I really appreciate your help! Glad I could order from a small business owner from South Dakota!

I have the same problem, Doc. I have Whirlpool Thin Twin, model number LTG5243BNO.

Quote Originally Posted by glenmick View Post
    I have the same problem, Doc. I have Whirlpool Thin Twin, model number LTG5243BNO.
    This is the water valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00002373 (mfg # 285805)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I believe I also have a water inlet valve that needs repairing or replacing in my Whirlpool Duet. (Slow leak inside washer and filled after several hours not in use). In the meantime of fixing it, can I use my washer as long as I turn off the water supply when it's not in use? This may take several days for me to finally be able to fix. Thanks!

Whirlpool Duet model# WFW94HEXW2

I have the same problem, I think I can do the work my self, thank you in advance, just need the part number for the inlet valve and where I can purchase it, thanks.

Same washer problem also GHW9400PW0

Can I get help also on providing part # and best place to get please sir? My model number is GHW9400PW0

Thanks,
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by cwerle25 View Post
    Can I get help also on providing part # and best place to get please sir? My model number is GHW9400PW0

Thanks,
    Clint
    This is the water valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part# PD00002389
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I am having the same issue. Would this also explain an F26 error message? My model number is WFW9200SQ02. Thanks, so glad I found this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    I am having the same issue. Would this also explain an F26 error message? My model number is WFW9200SQ02. Thanks, so glad I found this forum.
    The F26 Error is most likely unrelated to the the other problem. See the information below.

F26 - Door Switch Error
    If the door has not been opened for 3 consecutive cycles or the door switch is open while the door is locked for more than 5 seconds.
    This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have a Samsung WF405ATPA front loading washer. After it sits unused water pools in the drum. Do you think it is a failed inlet valve & if so can you provide the part number?

Quote Originally Posted by smac66 View Post
    I have a Samsung WF405ATPA front loading washer. After it sits unused water pools in the drum. Do you think it is a failed inlet valve & if so can you provide the part number?
    Your model number is missing a few digits at the end of it. Can you please get me the full model number from the tag on the washing machine? If you open the door of the washer the model number tag is located around the opening of the washer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by smac66 View Post
    My apologies. The complete model # is: WF405ATPAWR/AA. Currently, I'm trying to see what happens when I turn of the water to the washer. I appreciate your help in troubleshooting the problem.

Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tube every morning

I have the same standing water issue, can you please identify the correct inlet valve for my washer? Whirlpool Duet model: WFW9600TA01 ser: CSU4510778
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kintzele View Post
    I have the same standing water issue, can you please identify the correct inlet valve for my washer? Whirlpool Duet model: WFW9600TA01 ser: CSU4510778
    Thank you.
    This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water inlet valve - PD00005863 (mfg# W10156253)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com