Thread: Kenmore washer issue.

Kenmore washer issue.

Model Number: 417.44152400
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Hi all. I would like to know how to approach troubleshooting my issue if you can't get an error code. My understanding is you follow this procedure which I found online elsewhere. I received help from Jake's forum if anyone here is familiar with him. I was told:

Wake the machine by pressing any button

• Wait 5 seconds

• Press and hold the Start and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously

• All LEDs will go blank and after a few seconds the control will signal the stored code using audible beeps and blinking LEDs. The control will repeatedly signal the code, as long as the Start and Pause Cancel buttons are pressed. A two-second pause between repeats affords you the ability to make accurate counts to identify the correct error codes.

This worked before, but now I wake the machine and I see the lights on as attached, but the light above the start button is flashing. I hold down start and pause/cancel I get 3 beeps, but nothing with the lights change. If I press the start button I get 3 beeps and the light above the start button flashes 3 times. If I push the cancel button I get 3 beeps and the five lights on the right flash 3 times. Not sure that means anything, just grasping at straws. Then the same lights stay lit and the one light continues to flash. Any help on what to do next would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230915_182159.jpg  

Models without a display like yours, blink the LED's to indicate the error code. See below.

Wake the machine by pressing any button

• Wait 5 seconds

• Press and hold the Start and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously

• All LEDs will go blank and after a few seconds, the control will signal the stored code using audible beeps and blinking LEDs. The power will repeatedly signal the code, as long as the Start and Pause Cancel buttons are pressed. A two-second pause between repeats affords you the ability to make accurate counts to identify the correct error codes.

If the washer is a Better Model, the error code will appear in the display.

If the washer is a Good Model, the five indicator lights of Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, Final Spin and Control will flash the number of times for the first digit of the code and the Start indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit.

Take separate counts of each indicator light, then repeat to confirm in order to be accurate in identifying the proper error code.

The code is obtained by counting the number of times the lights flash. Example E24: The five indicator lights would flash twice indicating the 2 and the START indicator light will flash four times indicating the 4. The five indicator lights and the START indicator light start flashing at the same time.

The control will pause for 2 seconds, then repeat the code as long as the two buttons are pressed and held.

Note: A letter appearing in the code stands for a number higher than nine: A = 10 B = 11 C = 12 D = 13 E = 14 F = 15 Example Code F1: the first digit would be 15 and the second digit would be 1. If this code would appear on a washer in the Good model line, the five indicator lights would blink fifteen times and the START indicator light would blink once.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks, but as I mentioned above, it does not give a code. After pressing start and pause/cancel, the LEDs do not go blank and there are no flashing lights. Nothing changes from the picture that I sent. Any other ideas?

If you want to post a video of what it is showing, we can take a look at it.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    If you want to post a video of what it is showing, we can take a look at it.
    You can see a video here, thanks.

Maybe there are no codes stored?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com