Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

Model Number:
    Brand: Whirlpool

My Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. It drains completely after a wash cycle. It looks like it could be a Water Valve issue? What are your thoughts?

Yes, if the washer is slowly filling up with water when the washer is not running, then the water inlet valve has a slow leak and it will need to be replaced. If you can get the model number from the tag on the door frame of the washer, I can look up the part number for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, if the washer is slowly filling up with water when the washer is not running, then the water inlet valve has a slow leak and it will need to be replaced. If you can get the model number from the tag on the door frame of the washer, I can look up the part number for you.
    Doc, thanks for your response. My model is GHW9400PL4.

This is the water valve for your washer. To replace it, shut off the water and remove the hot & cold hoses, unplug the washer, remove the top panel, unplug the wire connectors, remove the clamp & outlet hose, and remove the mounting screws. Swap in the new valve, and reinstall in the reverse order. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Water Inlet Valve - PD00003431 (mfg# 8182862)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks again Doc! I'll let you know how I did.

Quote Originally Posted by tbinstl View Post
    Thanks again Doc! I'll let you know how I did.
    Ok sounds good! Keep us posted!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

My whirlpool front loader washing machine is doing the same thing. Can you tell me the part number of the inlet valve that I need? My model number is ghw9300pw4. Serial number is cst2819185. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Duwayne View Post
    My whirlpool front loader washing machine is doing the same thing. Can you tell me the part number of the inlet valve that I need? My model number is ghw9300pw4. Serial number is cst2819185. Thank you for your help.
    Your model uses part number 8182862 for the water valve. You can click the link below.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Same problem here... I figure it was a valve somewhere that had gone bad but didn't know where and stumbled on this excellent forum while searching for an answer before I called a repair service and shelled out a lot of money to get something fixed that I can do myself. I have a Whirlpool Duet HT, model number is GHW9200LW, if you would, could you be kind enough to tell me what valve I would need to order for my machine and the best place to order it at? Also is this a part I can replace myself or would I be better off contacting a repair service to do the work? I would hate to do something and muck things up worst and end up killing my washer or costing me more money than it would have cost to fix if I would just have called the repair service from the start. I do have technical skills and I have already replaced the handle on the washer and fixed a leak in the detergent/softener tray that the repair service wanted to charge me $200+ to come out and fix. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. Kenneth
    Last edited by kbel10; 12-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbel10 View Post
    Same problem here... I figure it was a valve somewhere that had gone bad but didn't know where and stumbled on this excellent forum while searching for an answer before I called a repair service and shelled out a lot of money to get something fixed that I can do myself. I have a Whirlpool Duet HT, model number is GHW9200LW, if you would, could you be kind enough to tell me what valve I would need to order for my machine and the best place to order it at? Also is this a part I can replace myself or would I be better off contacting a repair service to do the work? I would hate to do something and muck things up worst and end up killing my washer or costing me more money than it would have cost to fix if I would just have called the repair service from the start. I do have technical skills and I have already replaced the handle on the washer and fixed a leak in the detergent/softener tray that the repair service wanted to charge me $200+ to come out and fix. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. Kenneth
    Replacing the water valve is pretty easy, I would say 2/5 in difficulty.

Here are instructions on how to replace the part:

1. Unplug the washer and turn off the water supply to the washer.
    2. Remove the top panel by removing the 3 screws and then sliding the panel back and lifting it up.
    3. Remove the hot and cold water inlet hoses.
    4. Remove the clamp and small hose from the outlet of the water valve.
    5. Remove mounting screw
    6. Remove old leaking valve, and replace with new valve.
    7. Reinstall in the reverse order

This is the water valve for your washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part# 8181694
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    This is the water valve for your washer. To replace it, shut off the water and remove the hot & cold hoses, unplug the washer, remove the top panel, unplug the wire connectors, remove the clamp & outlet hose, and remove the mounting screws. Swap in the new valve, and reinstall in the reverse order. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for this post, Doc!! We're having the same problem on a 6 year old Whirlpool Duet. Just ordered the part from your web site. I really appreciate your help! Glad I could order from a small business owner from South Dakota!

I also have the same issue with my Maytag model number LAT9406AAE. Would you be able to tell me the model number for the water inlet valve, as well? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingball View Post
    I also have the same issue with my Maytag model number LAT9406AAE. Would you be able to tell me the model number for the water inlet valve, as well? Thanks for any help.
    This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - 22001274
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc,

I have the same issue discussed in this forum. I own a 2007 Whirlpool Duet ht front loader. Model: WFW9400ST00. Serial #: CSU2205424. Can you identify the water inlet valve appropriate for my machine. Appreciate the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by dmdbck26 View Post
    Doc,

I have the same issue discussed in this forum. I own a 2007 Whirlpool Duet ht front loader. Model: WFW9400ST00. Serial #: CSU2205424. Can you identify the water inlet valve appropriate for my machine. Appreciate the assistance.
    Your model uses part number 8182862 for the water valve. You can click the link below.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc,

I have the same issue discussed in this forum. I own a Whirlpool Duet ht front loader. Model: wfw9200sq02. Serial #: csw1011222. Can you identify the water inlet valve appropriate for my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by home_repairmaine View Post
    Doc,

I have the same issue discussed in this forum. I own a Whirlpool Duet ht front loader. Model: wfw9200sq02. Serial #: csw1011222. Can you identify the water inlet valve appropriate for my machine.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have the same standing water issue, can you please identify the correct inlet valve for my washer? Whirlpool Duet model: GHW9100LW2 ser: CSR0707346
    Thank you.

my Duet model number is GHW 9250 MW1 what is the valve part number for this washer? I have the same drum is filling when not in use

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFish View Post
    I have the same standing water issue, can you please identify the correct inlet valve for my washer? Whirlpool Duet model: GHW9100LW2 ser: CSR0707346
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mvechy View Post
    my Duet model number is GHW9250MW1 what is the valve part number for this washer? I have the same drum is filling when not in use

Ryan

PartsDr.com