Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

Doc I am also having this problem when washer is off tub fill with water it loos like it is dripping from the gray rubber seal by the door model number is WFW9400SW01 serial # CSW4711045 could it be the water valve and what is the part number Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MLR54 View Post
    Doc I am also having this problem when washer is off tub fill with water it loos like it is dripping from the gray rubber seal by the door model number is WFW9400SW01 serial # CSW4711045 could it be the water valve and what is the part number Thanks
    Yes it sounds like you have a bad leaking water valve. This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - PD00003431 (mfg# WP8182862)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for your assistance

I am also having the same problem. The washer drum fills up with water. What part do I need and where I order it. Thanks. Serial: Csp1309375, model: GHW9100LW1. Thank you!

Also having the same problem:
    - How do I check that it is actually the water valve and not for example an issue with the controls?
    - Would you be so kind as to provide me with the part number? Mine is model WFW9400SW01 and serial # CSU2512478

Thank you!

Doc
    Unplug the unit and let it sit overnight.
    If it still fills then you know that it is not the controls etc.

Following is the valve.
    http://partsdr.com/part/8182862-water-inlet-valve/

We seem to have the same problem, Duet Washer drum filling with clean water after being completely drained at the end of a load -- today it actually overflowed overnight after the last wash done yesterday afternoon. It's now an older machine: Mod: WFW9200SQ00 Ser: CSU1615330. What valve does it need?
    Thanks....

Doc
    I think the correct valve is

Note that it is always best to double check this when ordering

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    I think the correct valve is

Note that it is always best to double check this when ordering
    Yes this is correct.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

My front loading Kenmore drum is also filling with water when not in use. Model # 41744052401 Serial #XC 6022737
    Would you please provide me with the replacement valve part number? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    My front loading Kenmore drum is also filling with water when not in use. Model # 41744052401 Serial #XC 6022737
    Would you please provide me with the replacement valve part number? Thank you!
    This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00000272 (mfg # 134371220)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I also have a slow drip going into the washer drum. The only time it stops is when we close the hot and cold supply going to the washer. I think I found the part to our Whirlpool (Model #LSR5233EQO) (Serial #CF3916339), but you seem to be pretty helpful and reliable to everyone else with the problem. Can you confirm for me which type of inlet valve I need to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Markmac7 View Post
    I also have a slow drip going into the washer drum. The only time it stops is when we close the hot and cold supply going to the washer. I think I found the part to our Whirlpool (Model #LSR5233EQO) (Serial #CF3916339), but you seem to be pretty helpful and reliable to everyone else with the problem. Can you confirm for me which type of inlet valve I need to buy?
    Hi Markmac7,

Replacing the water inlet valve should solve your problem.

This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00002373 (mfg # 285805)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

whirlpool duet flooded my carpet while on vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, if the washer is slowly filling up with water when the washer is not running, then the water inlet valve has a slow leak and it will need to be replaced. If you can get the model number from the tag on the door frame of the washer, I can look up the part number for you.
    Hello Doc Ryan. My whirlpool duet washer is 11-12 years old and is doing the same thing. Unfortunately, I did not research this issue when it first occurred, thinking it was just strange and that the washer was getting old. The leak wasn't very bad then. Yesterday, I returned home from a two week vacation to find my unit full of water and carpet saturated in my hallway. It was a huge mess. Needless to say, lesson learned. I would greatly appreciate the part number for the water inlet valve. My model number is GHW9400PW0. Serial number is CSS2417266. From the thread, it appears I can repair myself, though I am not usually very good at repairing appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by markaboll View Post
    Hello Doc Ryan. My whirlpool duet washer is 11-12 years old and is doing the same thing. Unfortunately, I did not research this issue when it first occurred, thinking it was just strange and that the washer was getting old. The leak wasn't very bad then. Yesterday, I returned home from a two week vacation to find my unit full of water and carpet saturated in my hallway. It was a huge mess. Needless to say, lesson learned. I would greatly appreciate the part number for the water inlet valve. My model number is GHW9400PW0. Serial number is CSS2417266. From the thread, it appears I can repair myself, though I am not usually very good at repairing appliances.
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that the water made a huge mess in your house.

This is the water valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00002389 (mfg #8181694)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

My Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. It drains completely after a wash cycle. It looks like it could be a Water Valve issue? What are your thoughts? Model Number: WFW9400SW03 Serial Number: CSY4103085

I also need instructions on how to replace them please or should I call a repair person. I don't want to cause more damage and have to purchase a new washer.

Doc
    It looks like it could be a Water Valve issue? What are your thoughts?
    Yes it sounds like a leaky valve.

You should be able to replace it yourself if you have some DIY skill.
    I think the top comes off by undoing a couple screws on the back and then pulling it towards the back.
    The rest is pretty straight forward.
    Be sure to unplug the unit and shut off the water before starting.
    Also have a pail handy to catch the water when you undo the hoses.

It is a good idea to hook up and turn on the water before replacing the lid so you can check for leaks.

Note: That there are probably a video or two on the net to assist you.

I have a duet washer model number ghw9150pw1 serial number css4216388. Water standing in it later on after it has drained and finished running correctly. Do I need the valve everyone else is talking about?

Doc
    Yes if the unit is filling by itself while idle.

To double check this make sure the unit is empty and then unplug it.
    If there is water in the tub after a day or so then the valve is leaking and needs replacing.

http://partsdr.com/part/8181694-water-inlet-valve/

Doc Ryan,

I have a Whirlpool Washer Model#WFW9300VU, serial# CSW3612215 purchased 4/2009. At various times I am seeing water fill in the tub when the machine is off. Looking at the forum, I would guess the water inlet valve. Now we are also getting an F20 code at times. We need to shut off the power to reset. Do you feel these are both related to the inlet valve? If so, can you tell me the correct valve? Thank you,