Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

My Whirlpool Duet Model #GHW9100LW2, Type 199, has a steady drip of water into the machine. Based on other conversations in this thread, I'm thinking this is the Water Inlet Valve and would like your confirmation. If so, is Part #8181694 correct? Is there anything else this could be or that should be checked? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    My Whirlpool Duet Model #GHW9100LW2, Type 199, has a steady drip of water into the machine. Based on other conversations in this thread, I'm thinking this is the Water Inlet Valve and would like your confirmation. If so, is Part #8181694 correct? Is there anything else this could be or that should be checked? Thank you!
    Yes, part number 8181694 is correct for your model. Here is an easy check you can make. If the washer continues to fill up with water even when the washer is unplugged, then the water inlet valve is bad and it is leaking, so replacing it should take care of your problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hi - I ordered this part through your website, and replaced it yesterday. The problem is still there, a steady drip into the washing machine - even with the new part installed.

Same leak different model. Whirlpooll Duet MOD:GHW9100LW1

Same leak different model. Whirlpool Duet MOD:GHW9100LW1

Hi - I ordered this part through your website, and replaced it yesterday. The problem is still there, a steady drip into the washing machine - even with the new part installed.
    Does it fill up even when the washing machine is unplugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Van R. View Post
    Same leak different model. Whirlpool Duet MOD:GHW9100LW1
    This is the water valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part# 8181694
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I believe I also have a water inlet valve that needs repairing or replacing in my Whirlpool Duet. (Slow leak inside washer and filled after several hours not in use). In the meantime of fixing it, can I use my washer as long as I turn off the water supply when it's not in use? This may take several days for me to finally be able to fix. Thanks!

I'm having the same standing water in the tub issue...my model is: GHW9100LW1...can you please provide the correct replacement valve part number? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lesterleigh View Post
    I believe I also have a water inlet valve that needs repairing or replacing in my Whirlpool Duet. (Slow leak inside washer and filled after several hours not in use). In the meantime of fixing it, can I use my washer as long as I turn off the water supply when it's not in use? This may take several days for me to finally be able to fix. Thanks!
    Yes, shutting off the water supply should stop the tub from filling with water when the washer is not being used. I would recommend fixing the problem soon so you don't accidentally flood your house down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    I'm having the same standing water in the tub issue...my model is: GHW9100LW1...can you please provide the correct replacement valve part number? Thanks!
    This is the correct water inlet valve for your model washer:

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Does it fill up even when the washing machine is unplugged?
    Before replacing the part, the drip into the machine was steady/constant. After replacing the part, the drip is now very slow (hardly noticeable) and occurs whether or not the machine plugged in. The only way to stop the drip is to shut off the water supply to the washing machine.

E

Before replacing the part, the drip into the machine was steady/constant. After replacing the part, the drip is now very slow (hardly noticeable) and occurs whether or not the machine plugged in. The only way to stop the drip is to shut off the water supply to the washing machine.

E
    It sounds like the new valve is most likely defective. If you purchased the part from us, please visit this page for information about the part warranty: http://www.partsdr.com/pages/Part-Warranty.cfm
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Seriously, I stumbled upon this site and love it! Thank you. I have a Kenmore front loader and have the same issue (clean water sitting in drum after a day). Model number is 40441900. I happened to have signed my husband up for this because he's the handy one who will get the best use of your help, but any help you can give I'd very much appreciate! (I had no idea this was such a problem for so many people.) Can you give me a supply/model number for the water inlet valve and do you sell them or can I purchase locally? Again, I very much thank you.
    p.s. I haven't done the main water shut-off diagnosis yet but can do tonight.

I apologize if this posts shows up twice, but I went to "new posts" to see if anyone replied, and my post wasn't there, so I'm trying again. I did "like" you on Facebook and found many parts on your website (don't know which is mine, but at least I have a source to purchase!). Here's original post:
    I have a Kenmore front loader and have the same issue (clean water sitting in drum after a day). Model number is 40441900. Can you give me a supply/model number for the water inlet valve and I will order from partsdr.com today. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by clowman150 View Post
    I apologize if this posts shows up twice, but I went to "new posts" to see if anyone replied, and my post wasn't there, so I'm trying again. I did "like" you on Facebook and found many parts on your website (don't know which is mine, but at least I have a source to purchase!). Here's original post:
    I have a Kenmore front loader and have the same issue (clean water sitting in drum after a day). Model number is 40441900. Can you give me a supply/model number for the water inlet valve and I will order from partsdr.com today. Thanks so much.
    Your model number isn't coming up as a valid model number. Most Kenmore model numbers start with three digits a period and then are followed by eight digits. It should look like this XXX.XXXXXXXX. Can you double check this for me? Make sure you are reading the full model number from the tag on the washing machine. The tag is usually found around the opening of the washer with the door open.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I too have a tub full of water in my Kenmore Elite HE3t front loader, model number 110.45962401. Your online chat service on the store site told me I needed part number 818694, but I just wanted to come here to make sure that would most likely solve my problem. I can see the water dripping from the water "feeder" (?) in the upper left hand corner of the machine, by the top of the tub. But I have always had problems with the soap dispenser drawer remaining full of water. Maybe the dripping and the drawer issues are connected? Thanks in advance. This is an awesome site, BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by KerryP View Post
    I too have a tub full of water in my Kenmore Elite HE3t front loader, model number 110.45962401. Your online chat service on the store site told me I needed part number 818694, but I just wanted to come here to make sure that would most likely solve my problem. I can see the water dripping from the water "feeder" (?) in the upper left hand corner of the machine, by the top of the tub. But I have always had problems with the soap dispenser drawer remaining full of water. Maybe the dripping and the drawer issues are connected? Thanks in advance. This is an awesome site, BTW!
    Yes the water valve is most likely causing your problem. If you turn off the water supply to the washer, and it stops the washer from filling up with water, then the water valve is failed and leaking. The dispenser problem may be related or a separate issue. When the washer fills up with water, it fills up through the dispenser. If you haven't ever cleaned out the dispenser I would recommend to remove the dispenser tray and fully clean it out. Some water sitting inside the dispenser, bleach, and fabric softener trays is normal. If you read through your owners manual it will explain some of this. Part number 818694 is correct for your model washer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have a Whirlpool duet washer model# GHW9400PL0 and would like to know if water inlet valve# 8181694 is the correct one for this model. I've noticed the water seems to leak around around the front by the door and fills up the tub when not in use. Thanks for your response

Quote Originally Posted by FWFW View Post
    I have a Whirlpool duet washer model# GHW9400PL0 and would like to know if water inlet valve# 8181694 is the correct one for this model. I've noticed the water seems to leak around around the front by the door and fills up the tub when not in use. Thanks for your response
    Yes, that is the correct valve for your model.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Patient
    Brilliant site! Just what us working class stiffs need to be able to diagnose and repair the little issues we face with appliances that would normally cost an arm and a leg to have an in-service repairman called. Having said that, I have a front loading Whirlpool Duet washer (Model # GHW9150PWO) that is experiencing the same leakage problem when idle. I figured it had to be a leaky valve on the supply side of the machine...I guess working in the Fire Services has paid off somewhat when it comes to understanding hydraulics. My question is which part # is the replacement valve for my particular machine. Any help you can offer is appreciated in advance. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeeater341 View Post
    Brilliant site! Just what us working class stiffs need to be able to diagnose and repair the little issues we face with appliances that would normally cost an arm and a leg to have an in-service repairman called. Having said that, I have a front loading Whirlpool Duet washer (Model # GHW9150PWO) that is experiencing the same leakage problem when idle. I figured it had to be a leaky valve on the supply side of the machine...I guess working in the Fire Services has paid off somewhat when it comes to understanding hydraulics. My question is which part # is the replacement valve for my particular machine. Any help you can offer is appreciated in advance. Cheers!
    That's why they always tell you to pay attention in school, you never know when you are going to need to know the information .

This is the correct water inlet valve for your model washer:

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Patient
    You sir, are a rock star! Now, the next big question. Do you ship to the frozen, broken washer fields of the north ie. Canada?

Addendum: I just noticed that you don't ship internationally. I will try and source out a supplier here that's come out of hibernation...Our snowfields are just starting to melt!
    Last edited by smokeeater341; 08-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.