Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet washer has water sitting in tub every morning. Water Valve issue

I appear to have the same issue.

Whirlpool Duet LG
    Mod: GHW9150PW0
    Ser: CSR4411970

Can you provide a valve number?

Quote Originally Posted by mmwitte View Post
    I appear to have the same issue.

Whirlpool Duet LG
    Mod: GHW9150PW0
    Ser: CSR4411970

Can you provide a valve number?
    This is the water valve for your washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part# 8181694
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I may have the same problem. Can you tell me what the part number is for:
    Whirlpool duet washer
    GHW9250MLO
    Serial# CSP3502841
    Thanks for any help you can give. It was great to find this website and to know there was a solution to what sounds like a common problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I may have the same problem. Can you tell me what the part number is for:
    Whirlpool duet washer
    GHW9250MLO
    Serial# CSP3502841
    Thanks for any help you can give. It was great to find this website and to know there was a solution to what sounds like a common problem. Thanks.
    This is the water valve for your model washer:

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I have read some posts from 2011 on water slowly refilling and standing in the drum after a wash cycle. This is the problem that is occurring for me today (January 2014) so I just want to make sure the info is still correct before I order the part. My Model is: Whirlpool Duet HT GHW9300PW4, Serial CST1114624. Also, saw a post about unplugging the machine first to see if it still filled with water -- what would this determine? The post also stated that it is not too difficult: a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5. Are these directions correct for the water valve replacement?
    "Here are instructions on how to replace the part:
    1. Unplug the washer and turn off the water supply to the washer.
    2. Remove the top panel by removing the 3 screws and then sliding the panel back and lifting it up.
    3. Remove the hot and cold water inlet hoses.
    4. Remove the clamp and small hose from the outlet of the water valve.
    5. Remove mounting screw
    6. Remove old leaking valve, and replace with new valve.
    7. Reinstall in the reverse order"
    Many thanks for answering these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNM View Post
    I have read some posts from 2011 on water slowly refilling and standing in the drum after a wash cycle. This is the problem that is occurring for me today (January 2014) so I just want to make sure the info is still correct before I order the part. My Model is: Whirlpool Duet HT GHW9300PW4, Serial CST1114624. Also, saw a post about unplugging the machine first to see if it still filled with water -- what would this determine? The post also stated that it is not too difficult: a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5. Are these directions correct for the water valve replacement?
    "Here are instructions on how to replace the part:
    1. Unplug the washer and turn off the water supply to the washer.
    2. Remove the top panel by removing the 3 screws and then sliding the panel back and lifting it up.
    3. Remove the hot and cold water inlet hoses.
    4. Remove the clamp and small hose from the outlet of the water valve.
    5. Remove mounting screw
    6. Remove old leaking valve, and replace with new valve.
    7. Reinstall in the reverse order"
    Many thanks for answering these questions.
    Your model uses part number 8182862 for the water valve. You can click the link below for this part. Unplugging the washer determine that nothing electrical inside the washer could be sending power to the water valve causing it to fill up with water. Those replacement instructions should work for your washing machine too.

Water Inlet Valve - PD00003431 (mfg# 8182862)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I too am having the standing water issue. The model number to my machine is 110WFW9400SU. I think it is probably the inlet valve that requires replacing. Would you be so kind as to post the cooresponding part number?
    Last edited by KarLuna; 02-03-2014 at 08:38 AM.

I have model number GHW9250MQ0. Would you please let me know which part I need so I can place the order??
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KarLuna View Post
    I too am having the standing water issue. The model number to my machine is 110WFW9400SU. I think it is probably the inlet valve that requires replacing. Would you be so kind as to post the cooresponding part number?
    The model 110WFW9400SU for a Whirlpool Duet.

Quote Originally Posted by tinam48 View Post
    I have model number GHW9250MQ0. Would you please let me know which part I need so I can place the order??
    Thank you!

Your model number 110WFW9400SU is not a valid model number. The closest model number I am finding is the same except it doesn't have the 110 at the beginning, and it has two more numbers on the end like this WFW9400SU00. Can I have you double check this? Make sure you are reading it from the model and serial number tag on the washing machine.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I am also having the same problem! Model # GHW9400PT0 BOUGHT IN 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by daley04 View Post
    I am also having the same problem! Model # GHW9400PT0 BOUGHT IN 2005.

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Patient

Standing water in the drum

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post

I believe I have the same issue. Water is randomly in the drum of the washing machine. Not necessarily every day, but definitely becoming more frequent. I have a Whirlpool Duet HT front loader. Model # WFW9200SQA12, Serial # HLW5080000. The short, grey flex line from the bottom of the washer appears to be clear. the trap plug is clear, the line from the wall inlet to the pump appears to be clear. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'm having this same issue with water in my washer every morning my washer is a Whirlpool Duet front loading Model #GHW9150PW0 Ser# CSS2319248. I'm also having an issue with a moldy musty smell now, can you recommend a good way to clean this out? I've tried running bleach through and it doesn't seem to help enough?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punkybug View Post
    I'm having this same issue with water in my washer every morning my washer is a Whirlpool Duet front loading Model #GHW9150PW0 Ser# CSS2319248. I'm also having an issue with a moldy musty smell now, can you recommend a good way to clean this out? I've tried running bleach through and it doesn't seem to help enough?
    Thanks

For the must smell check the door boot seal thoroughly to make sure it is not moldy. We recommend to leave the door open when you are not using the washer. You can also try some of the affresh washer cleaning tablets, they work pretty well.

Affresh Washer Cleaner
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hasty View Post
    I believe I have the same issue. Water is randomly in the drum of the washing machine. Not necessarily every day, but definitely becoming more frequent. I have a Whirlpool Duet HT front loader. Model # WFW9200SQA12, Serial # HLW5080000. The short, grey flex line from the bottom of the washer appears to be clear. the trap plug is clear, the line from the wall inlet to the pump appears to be clear. Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    If the water is filling up while the washer is not in use, then it is most likely a water inlet valve problem. Try turning the water off to the washer while you are not using it and see if it stops filling up with water. That should tell you whether you have a bad water inlet valve or not.

This is the water inlet valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - 8540751
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have the same problem. Standing water in the tub of my front load whirl pool duet washer. My mod:GHW9150PW4 ser: CST1807425
    Can you help me out with the part number? Do you have a video showing how to replace it?
    Thanks

same problem

I have the same issue with my washer. Whirlpool Duet model number GHW9250MW2 I'd also like to know the part I need. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristaneedshelp View Post
    I have the same problem. Standing water in the tub of my front load whirl pool duet washer. My mod:GHW9150PW4 ser: CST1807425
    Can you help me out with the part number? Do you have a video showing how to replace it?
    Thanks
    I'm sorry we do not currently have a video on replacing this part. Your model uses part number 8182862 for the water valve. You can click the link below.

Water Inlet Valve - PD00003431 (mfg# 8182862)

Quote Originally Posted by LilaPetey View Post
    I have the same issue with my washer. Whirlpool Duet model number GHW9250MW2 I'd also like to know the part I need. Thank you!

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi, i have a whirlpool duet washer that gaves error code F27, and filles with water on its own, not everyday but almost every week at least 2x. can you please help me understand how to fix it? thank you.
    mod. FFED3005LWC